No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor: "I Want To Make an Impact at 168"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
    Eubank as i stated before had not won a fight that mattered in several years by the time he fought Calzaghe. He was old, he never won a fight after that either.

Mitchell, cmon now, the guy had a draw and a loss to Bruno Girard before fighting Calzaghe. On top of that two very tough fights with Manny Siaca who is nothing but a door stop.

Woodhall, musta been just about washed up since he never fought again afterwards. Before fighting Calzaghe he was inactive to the tune of 1 or 2 fights a year for the 3 years prior. Also coming off a loss to Markus Beyer, who is average at best.

Robin Reid has not fought in a whole damn year going into the Calzaghe fight, he was also coming off a loss to Thulani Malinga who had 10 losses himself.

Isn't it strange that Calzaghe fought everyone of these guys after they came off of a loss and period of inactivity?

No way in holy hell those guys beat a primed Pavlik at the point in their career that they lost to Calzaghe.

Hopkins, Kessler you can make a case for, the others, no way.
    Real talk. I would have Pavlik a very heavy favourite over everyone Calzaghe fought (at the time at which he fought them) with the exception of Mikkel Kessler.

Comment

• Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
      Real talk. I would have Pavlik a very heavy favourite over everyone Calzaghe fought (at the time at which he fought them) with the exception of Mikkel Kessler.
      This is where Dirk tells us that beating 15 average fighters coming off losses is the true measure of a champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Ray View Post
        Can someone sum up this thread for me...At first it was about Taylor and now it has changed over to a Calzaghe thread!

Thanks in advance!
        yo, ill sum it up for you. YOU ARE A ****! HOLLA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          And I was comparing older Calzaghe to younger Calzaghe.

Calzaghe at Taylor's age was much closer to his prime.
          If you say so. most Calzaghe fans will even say that his prime was in the Lacy and Kessler fights, but if you want to use your imagination...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            facts alert!

run for the hills!
            No mate, looking on boxrec whilst having absolutely no knowledge of the fighters is ridiculous.

Byron Mitchell and Brewer both boxed Sven Ottke - who was the other main champion in Calzaghe's divison - and they both lost controversial split decisions to Ottke in Germany.

Had they been given victories, they would've been champions coming into the Calzaghe fight and Joe would've unified the division long before he did.

Chris Eubank went on to challenge for the CRUISERWEIGHT title in his next two fights after Calzaghe. He lost a close and competitive decision in the first and was winning the 2nd before his eye swelled up and the fight was stopped, scoring a KD along the way. This was fighting almost 40lbs above his natural weight.

Eubank would embarrass Pavlik in my opinion. At any stage of his career.

The fact that you go "8 loses lol" at a fighter you clearly havent got a clue about shows your stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hunter1 View Post
              yo, ill sum it up for you. YOU ARE A ****! HOLLA
              Jesus! Is that all?...You not even worth the time... Step ya game homie!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                If you say so. most Calzaghe fans will even say that his prime was in the Lacy and Kessler fights, but if you want to use your imagination...
                Those were his best performances and bigger fights than he'd had up to date. But some of Hopkins' best performances were not really in his prime.

He could've been producing that if he'd had the motivation and been given the fights when he was in his real prime.

A lot of fans actually said he was past his prime before the Lacy fight. Funny how things change

Comment

no need i stated the facts son

Comment

You know how it works. Any thread that starts on a topic that is related to a division between 160 and 175 immediately descends into a Calzaghe thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Chris Eubank went on to challenge for the CRUISERWEIGHT title in his next two fights after Calzaghe. He lost a close and competitive decision in the first and was winning the 2nd before his eye swelled up and the fight was stopped, scoring a KD along the way. This was fighting almost 40lbs above his natural weight.

Eubank would embarrass Pavlik in my opinion. At any stage of his career.

The fact that you go "8 loses lol" at a fighter you clearly havent got a clue about shows your stupidity.

Eubank was "given" a shot at the WBO (joke) belt.

The WBO cruiserweight title has the most pathetic lineage of any title belt around and I don't need boxrec to prove it. Eubank fighting for it means nothing except that anybody could.

Thompson didn't win that belt in the ring either, he got a shot at a vacant belt against some washed up bum and defended it against an undeserving Eubank.

I've seen both Eubank/Thompson fights and the Calzaghe/Brewer fight and they all looked like ****.

What is even funnier is the way you say Eubank was fighting 40 pounds over his natural weight.

cruiserweight limit at time= 190
                      eaubank natural weight= 160

190-160=30

get a calculator, or stop trying to exaggerrate every little thing.
                      Last edited by Hitman932; 10-01-2008, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X