Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posters claim everyone is afraid and ducking GGG Yet 2 fighters who called him out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Two defensive fighters isn't necessarily a purist's dream. Lara would run from Floyd who maybe takes a close disputed decision. He's maybe a touch lucky Lara is Cuban and not American or British or he'd be pushed towards the bout.

As it is, no casual wants to see it. The fight never gets made.
    Lara would run from floyd? .......... didn't he stand and trade with angulo often? didnt Lara STOP angulo? lara is the bigger guy and has the bigger punch. i think both exchange time fighting backwards, both are excellent at it. problem is, outside of us at NSB not too many know of lara! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
      He never said he wants to fight at 154 often, he does it for money fights. Look at his fights there. One was against cotto big numbers....the other 2 are the 2 biggest earners in PPV history. If there comes another fighter to 154 who brings that kind of money, I'm sure he'd do it.
      I dont think that's any different for GGG, who'd only go outside of MW for big money fights whenever they said it. But it's not like he's lineal reigning champ at 168 avoiding the best challengers. Hell he's a paper titlist nobody wants to touch in his division, and afaik he hasn't passed on any legit offers even 154-168

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
        He never said he wants to fight at 154 often, he does it for money fights. Look at his fights there. One was against cotto big numbers....the other 2 are the 2 biggest earners in PPV history. If there comes another fighter to 154 who brings that kind of money, I'm sure he'd do it.
        You mean millionaire Floyd is justified not fighting Lara, but GG, who, like anybody else, wants money fights, is ducking the guy who runs all night in every fight he's in?

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
          Lara would run from floyd? .......... didn't he stand and trade with angulo often? didnt Lara STOP angulo? lara is the bigger guy and has the bigger punch. i think both exchange time fighting backwards, both are excellent at it. problem is, outside of us at NSB not too many know of lara! haha
          No? he got caught on the ropes. Not the same thing. He would have "tapped and ran" all night if he got away with it. I re-watched this fight a couple of days ago.

Yes, he got the stoppage but it was somewhat fortuitous, I had Angulo a point up at that juncture.

Maybe he wouldn't run from FMJ, but he'd actually be well advised to bring FMJ onto his front-foot since he's more comfortable on his backfoot.

Comment

If the guy is not a big name and doesn't have a sizeable following Floyd ain't fighting him. As for GGG Lara, Lara is fleet footed and skilled and will beat GGG or make him look very bad. GGG will not fight a Fleet footed fighter unless it's a money fight like Floyd where he also has a huge natural advantage in size.

Comment

The way Golovkin is being matched, it seems that his trainers lack confidence in him. Sooner or later he will have to fight someone. When he was coming up part of the hype was based on how he stopped Bute in the amateurs. But that was big when Bute was champ and unbeaten. GGG needs new hype and is not going to get it fighting fringe contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Ward too big, Lara different company,weight class.
                Triple G's people were saying they were willing to fight anyone, including dropping to 54 or moving up to 68. So they kind of asked for this type of response when Ward is waiting for a fight and instead Golovkin is fighting Andy Lee.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words

Comment

Working...
                  X