No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner is Not Looking To Leave 135 Any Time Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
    I told you Broner was smart. He knows exactly what people who press him to move up are thinking. I can see Broner having a great career. He will move up but he will do the most at 135 before moving up. Also notice the bitterness in this writer, can you feel it? "Devoted of opponents?" Really? If Broner moved up how long would it take for people to find that lost "Manny Pacquiao" at lightweight who they proceed to call the next great thing and then say Broner ducked him? Perhaps try to entice Broner into lightweight again? Know these people are very knowable of the damage floating up and down weight classes can do for you. All they think about is the fastest way to STOP Broner of building a good career. That's all that's in their minds. They see the talent and they HATE it. And because they are snakes and think they're smart, they do this. /rant
    I agree. The writer is likely a Broner hater. "No reason to stay at 135 outside of Burns???? " Vazquez, Abril, Gamboa, Sharif...

that's four reasons right off the top of my head... that's enough to keep him busy at LW for 18 months to two years.

Comment

Those calling for Broner to move up to 140 now don't have his best interest at heart. 140 is the strongest division in boxing right now and Broner is still young. Why not clear out 135 and develop as a fighter at the same time? When the time is right, they will move up to 140 and likely beat everyone there too. Broner is not doing anything different from anyone else. He has made big mistakes in the past by calling out guys from higher divisions, but how many of us didn't make stupid mistakes at age 23, and how many of us were even in his position to even criticize him for it? I think Robert Guerrero tout him a little lesson when he confronted him at that weigh in. I think Broner will keep his mouth shut about that kind of thing for now on. Hey, its a learning process in every aspect and Broner being so good and confident, got ahead of himself. Wow, I didn't know Burns asked for 7 figures! I don't even think Broner has made a million dollars yet in one fight. And I agree about the writer sounding bitter too. Its like having a Pac-tard write an article about Floyd. lol

Comment

As a big Floyd fan..some may say F.l.o.m.o...most Floyd fans are on this dudes jock..but Im gonna be real..

Broner is a Class A cherry picker, dude stays at 130-135 because he knows he would lose that 0.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          LMAO.....you are crazy man - do you watch boxing for real? All those guys can beat him, Bradley would eat Broner for lunch and make him look like a bum. The Ghost would bully Broner into the ropes and beat him to a pulp, Maidana simply knocks him out cold and Paulie dances circles around him and jabs him to pieces.
          This is nonsense. Broner is far more skilled than Bradley and Guerrero. The only question would be can he handle each's physical stregnth. He would embarress Maidana and would pummel Paulie's old ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
            As a big Floyd fan..some may say F.l.o.m.o...most Floyd fans are on this dudes jock..but Im gonna be real..

Broner is a Class A cherry picker, dude stays at 130-135 because he knows he would lose that 0.
            How is he cherry picking? He didn't fight anyone worth while at jr lightweight. But, he was basically a prospect. Then he moved to lightweight and immediately took on the top guy. After that, he wanted to fight the next best guy, who priced himself out. How can you say he's cherry picking when he seeking out the best comp in his division?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              LMAO.....you are crazy man - do you watch boxing for real? All those guys can beat him, Bradley would eat Broner for lunch and make him look like a bum. The Ghost would bully Broner into the ropes and beat him to a pulp, Maidana simply knocks him out cold and Paulie dances circles around him and jabs him to pieces.
              I've been in the boxing game for years and I'm starting to manage and train fighters. I think I know a little about boxing. Broner has superior defensive skills and he would prevent the other guys from hitting him. Easy fights, real easy fights.

As for Maidana, he got worked by Alelxander, and that's a guy I left out -- Broner would beat Alexander, too. Come on, Paulie? He's been stopped before and his "chin ain't got no better." Finally, what have those other guys done to make you think they are anything other than club fighters.

Broner is special. He's in the league with Leonard, Duran, Sweat Pea, JCC,
              Benitez, and all other great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                It's B.S. though. They can't REALLY make those weights. They drain themselves to make it. That's not what they are naturally. Broner really should be at 147. Bradley really should be a goddamn Middleweight or Jr. Middleweight at best. Homeboy walks around at 160/165 lbs! Weight divisions are a joke today. Haha.
                But that's what everyone does so its even.

All fighters are doing is losing their water weight. I do this naturally by eating low carb for a few days and sweating it out for a day.

And since everyone does it its even. Fighters have been doing this for many many decades. ATG's did it. It's really not as big of an ordeal as people make it out to be. I've done this many times.

Now if you want to institute weigh in has to be on the same day as the fight then that's cool. But I don't want to call out a few fighters when 99% of fighters wisely try to get to a lower weight class to fight.

Comment

Why leave 135. All the champs in that division are feather fisted....Rees Burns VAZQUEZ and all of the top tens. Not a lot of power there. Thats a ready made division to become more marketable. Broner has a good defense with a pop to his punch! And he will always be the bigger guy in the ring. Moving up to 140 where WWs can move down to without a problem is to risky....Remember...its always....Health first!

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    How is he cherry picking? He didn't fight anyone worth while at jr lightweight. But, he was basically a prospect. Then he moved to lightweight and immediately took on the top guy. After that, he wanted to fight the next best guy, who priced himself out. How can you say he's cherry picking when he seeking out the best comp in his division?
                    I do recognize that those are TOP rated fighters, ranked! But styles make fights, just like Marquez is a top fighter for sure, but doesn't mean he stands a chance against Floyd.

But I guess its legit if you are fighting the top ranked guys, so yea.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                      The only big dog at 140 is probably Lucas Matt the rest are all garbage bro. 140 might be the most overrated division in boxing right now.

What are the best divisions in your opinion?

Comment

Working...
                      X