No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    Lol... Why wouldn't it? The knee becomes a problem when constant movement is needed. He won't need constant movement for floyd. Floyd won't be running and he won't be chasing.
    so can't keep my hands up Martinez is going to be able to outbox Floyd by remaining stationary? Boxing a tactical and economical bout is Floyd's game before it's Sergio's

Floyd has multiple lines of defense and doesn't need to constantly move. Martinez doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      It's a good thing we'll see how it fares in March against Murray. If he whoops Murray and looks good doing it, Floyd will be like "Martinez who?" Sergio doesn't strike me as a dumb guy, if he thinks the knee will prevent him from performing properly, he won't fight. He said he had a hurt knee in the Barker fight or something but I don't know if he just said that, seems pretty honest to me though.
      They don't find out just how ****ed up they are until the fight.

Comment

Mayweather would never fight Martinez anyways, and he doesn't need to. That said I'd take Sergio UD

Comment

When you have a fanbase that once believe Amir Khan was the only fighter capable of testing Floyd, you know full well that a Martinez fight will never, ever materialize.

Comment

The biggest flaw in the fight is that Martinez holds his hands low and against a guy who could easily nail him with hinds hands up, while by his side he is target practice for Floyd. If Barker and others could nail him all night, Floyd would land way more precision counters and would not get hit in return. Wide margin for Floyd.

Comment

There's no bigger fight to be made for Mayweather right now as far as credibility is concerned.

Floyd might make more money against someone like Canelo, but nobody can give him legitimacy like Martinez can.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                There's no bigger fight to be made for Mayweather right now as far as credibility is concerned.

Floyd might make more money against someone like Canelo, but nobody can give him legitimacy like Martinez can.
                real talk!!

Comment

Nobody is moving up and beating Sergio, nobody.

Mayweather couldn't get to 154 in either attempt and while he won both fights comfortably, he clearly had some problems with Oscar's size. Sergio is bigger than Oscar, not to mention better, faster, more powerful and harder hitting.

Floyd is the better boxer, but even at 37 Sergio is a better athlete than a 35 year old Mayweather and he;s too big for him.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                    Mayweather would never fight Martinez anyways, and he doesn't need to. That said I'd take Sergio UD
                    I agree, Mayweather isn't even considering Sergio, no way no how. Mayweather wants to retire undefeated and he is going to avoid every fighter that has a shot with the exception of Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      I agree, Mayweather isn't even considering Sergio, no way no how. Mayweather wants to retire undefeated and he is going to avoid every fighter that has a shot with the exception of Canelo.
                      Why would a fighter who is a ww champion that fought at 154 twice, both times for money, and has weighed no more than 152 for a fight, consider fighting the MW champion at this stage of his career?

Do you think floyd would fight him if sergio had a history of ppv fights like Cotto?

Comment

Working...
                      X