No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson VS Sonny Liston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Mike would be in for a long night with Liston. Liston would beat him.

But it would be an explosive, great fight while it lasts.

Liston would break him down.
    I think you have it right on. Good post.

I would definitely buy that fight.

Comment

I'm gonna go with Tyson because of the speed difference, foot and hand. Yeah, Patterson had that too, but Tyson's not the type to get flattened.
      moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

On the outside and midrange, Tyson's speed advantage is counteracted by a difference in reach of atleast a foot that favors Liston (People also forget that he actually did have the timing to land on young prime Ali, even in the middle of the ring).

On the inside the bigger man controls it.

Liston about round 7
        Last edited by res; 06-13-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
          On the outside and midrange, Tyson's speed advantage is counteracted by a difference in reach of atleast a foot that favors Liston (People also forget that he actually did have the timing to land on young prime Ali, even in the middle of the ring).

On the inside the bigger man controls it.

Liston about round 7
          People forget Liston had won about 3 rounds at the time of the first Ali stoppage.

Comment

No swarming fighter would ever beat Sonny Liston, even a past-prime Liston who fought Clay/Ali.

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
            I'm gonna go with Tyson because of the speed difference, foot and hand. Yeah, Patterson had that too, but Tyson's not the type to get flattened.
            Liston hits just a tad harder than Buster Douglas.

And he has plenty of hand and foot speed. You need to watch him in his prime.
            Last edited by SBleeder; 06-13-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Tyson hit a tad harder than Ali, who knocked Liston out with one punch in round 1 if I remember correctly.

And Liston had nowhere near as much hand or foot speed as Tyson.

I suggest you watch Tyson in his prime.
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Tyson hit a tad harder than Ali, who knocked Liston out with one punch in round 1 if I remember correctly.

Liston's foot speed was far quicker, and he had far better balance.

I'll admit that I've only seen maybe three or four of Tyson's fights... but from what I've seen, he doesn't even compare to a prime Liston.

No way in hell does Tyson keep being the aggressor after being tagged by Liston early.
                Last edited by SBleeder; 06-13-2012, 07:03 PM.
                The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

And Foreman hit a tad harder than Tyson so what's your point? Assuming you actually HAVE point that is.

Poet

Comment

Did you read the post I was responding to? It really isn't hard to figure out why I wrote that.

And by any chance do you look sort of like Dan Rafael? Fat guy with a donut mouth, late thirties? Just curious.

Comment

The outcome depends.

Tyson could bob n weave much in his prime, making him elusive from Liston's jab, and Tyson's handspeed + power is something Liston never encountered. OTH Liston too a solid punched from Williams and never went down, plus he would have hit harder than anyone Mike met in his prime.

I know the fight wouldn't more than likely go the distance most times, but i'm gonna say it'll be equal.

Comment

Working...
                      X