Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd wants 10 more FIGHTS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering that he fights every year and a half, I guess he is going to be fighting until he is 50. Maybe Floyd might be able to do a Bernard. But if he did fight until he was like 45 years old and was still undefeated, should he go down as the G.O.A.T.?

Comment

anyone seriously believe it? for real..

Comment

Well time has moved on and in that time there have developed many good boxers he could fight. He was around when it was relatively weak era, and floyd stood out.
        But time has moved on and its a good time for Floyd to have some good bouts. Try be as busy as BH at least floyd, there is no excuse not to do as much as BH.

Comment

ts believes floyd will fight 10 more times? guess he's fighting to age 50 then at his current rate

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
            Considering that he fights every year and a half, I guess he is going to be fighting until he is 50. Maybe Floyd might be able to do a Bernard. But if he did fight until he was like 45 years old and was still undefeated, should he go down as the G.O.A.T.?
            depens on it he fights bhop level of comp

Comment

If Floyd would have stayed active after the De La Hoya win he would be close to breaking Marciano's record by now.

Comment

6 of those will be on Friday Night Fights against blue-chippers...from 2015-2021

Comment

Personally I think if he wants to enhance his legacy even further he should fight the following:

1. Pacquiao (If he wins or loses he gains either way. Obviously if he wins he will have a top20 ATG on his resume. But if he loses he could ask for rematch, not only will he make 50million again but if he beats pacquiao some may consider it greater achievement than a first time win. As a first time win may undermine the greatness of pacquiao, so losing wouldn't be a nightmare. Some people may say but how can losing your '0' help your legacy? Well lets say the first fight was close and floyd lost, but then in the second fight he won big it shows that floyd can learn from his mistakes which we haven't seen yet as he's never lost. There isn't a fighter in the top 10 ATG list that hasn't got a loss, and most of them have lost from an ATG but then beaten in a rematch i.e. Leonard, Ali etc....)

2. Amir Khan (Riskier fight because a loss would really question mayweather as khan hasn't accomplished much in the sport as of yet. But a win would look great, as khan could go on after the loss and become an ATG meaning everytime he wins it would make mayweather look even greater. Obviously the money would be huge as the whole of UK would be interested as both khan and floyd have many fans from there.)

3. Saul Alveraz ( Again a risky fight like khan, but say floyd wins, saul could go on and become an ATG also meaning floyds legacy would keep increasing. Alot of money to be made also.)

4. Sergio Martinez (If floyd wants to go to 160 and fight martinez it would greatly enhance his legacy. Taking on the best 160 pounder and regarded as the p4p no.3 would do him wonders for his legacy. Again alot of money because of the weight class and floyds drawing power.)

Say floyd defeated all these fighters and taking the post-floyd careers of the fighters, he could be top 10 ATG easily. I personally think khan will go on to become a superstar, Alveraz has the potential and pacquiao is already a megastar. Martinez is doing all the right things to get there. These 4 fights could make or break floyd. Anyway, I think the choice of opponents would be interesting considering Floyd gets past ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                  X