No announcement yet.

Do you stretch before you run?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
    I stretch lightly. Not too deep, that's after i run.

Ipod, Shades, and gum...that's what i need to run.
    My man! i gotta have my gum too, not to mention ipod, makes my run that much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by alex6567 View Post
      Recently I was told if you stretch your muscles before you run you could potentially damage your muscles because they are cold.

what do u do before u run?
      That's only partially true. You don't want to stretch your muscles while they are not warmed up (think of trying to stretch a cold rubber band- it doesn't work well and can snap).

What you want to do is warm up a little bit before the run.
      I usually do about 20 squats (no weight!), and some calf raises and maybe jump up and down a few times. After that I stretch for about 5-10 minutes and then I start running. I also stretch after I'm finished running. If I don't do that I get shin splints and they are terrible.

Definitely stretch before a run, but warm your muscles up a little bit before you do.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
        My man! i gotta have my gum too, not to mention ipod, makes my run that much easier.
        Yeah. i'm really talented. I can run AND chew gum at the same time. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
          Yeah. i'm really talented. I can run AND chew gum at the same time. LOL...
          ............and listen to music

Comment

Originally posted by alex6567 View Post
            Recently I was told if you stretch your muscles before you run you could potentially damage your muscles because they are cold.

what do u do before u run?
            your supposed to stretch because you might get cramp if you dont. it gets your blood go round your body a little

Comment

Thanks--its sounds like light warm-up then stretching is the way to go.

Comment

I do very (very) light streching, Calfs etc

Comment

I stretch for 12 seconds before each leg and 30 seconds after the run.

Comment

Working...
                  X