No announcement yet.

did ali, ssr and srl ever take supplements

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    Ali took thyroid pills when he fought Holmes to lose weight. I don't know if it was illegal or not.
    That's a very strange strategy since being hyperthyroid causes muscular degeneration just as much as fat loss. I definitely wouldn't call it a "performance enhancer". Unless he was hypothyroid to begin with and taking it for medical compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
      That's a very strange strategy since being hyperthyroid causes muscular degeneration just as much as fat loss. I definitely wouldn't call it a "performance enhancer". Unless he was hypothyroid to begin with and taking it for medical compensation.
      It was in the 30 for 30 Ali-Holmes documentary. They said it was probably one of the reasons he was so gassed and sluggish in the fight. Honestly though it could just be some rumor they put in the doc to make Ali look better and make the story a little more interesting. He was apparently specifically taking it for weight loss

Comment

how the hell would we know?

Comment

The stupidity in this thread is near to overwhelming.

Think you're clever with your agenda?

Real subtle.

****ing ******ed web ninjas, omg.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
            anybody know did any of these great fighters took vitamins of any kind to get an edge or was it old school

eat right train hard, rest repeat

Ali took thyroid medication for the Holmes fight to loose weight because he was old, shot and fat at that point. Not really much of a PED, it weakens you, he lost a lot of weight but was obviously shot.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
              It was in the 30 for 30 Ali-Holmes documentary. They said it was probably one of the reasons he was so gassed and sluggish in the fight. Honestly though it could just be some rumor they put in the doc to make Ali look better and make the story a little more interesting. He was apparently specifically taking it for weight loss
              He was gassed cause he was old and shot and had parkinsons syptoms by that point.... but yeah the thyroid pills didnt help.

Comment

and irrelevant.A case of a bored poster looking to cast aspersions for what purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
                  anybody know did any of these great fighters took vitamins of any kind to get an edge or was it old school

eat right train hard, rest repeat
                  I'm curious as to why you keep talking about supplements. This isn't the first thread I've seen you make on supplements

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
                    supplements didn't exist back then.
                    That's completely false.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson used to drink his own blood, which would increase red blood cell count similar to EPO.

Comment

Working...
                      X