Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why couldn't Floyd move and use his footwork against Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why couldn't Floyd move and use his footwork against Maidana?

Can someone explain to me why Floyd couldn't move and use his footwork against Maidana like on his previous fights? I'm not use to seeing him against the ropes this much in one fight.

He was doing his best past prime Roy Jones Jr impersonation.

Comment

"He could have, it was there for him if he wanted to. He chose not to."

He did it all for you man. Thank him.

Comment

Go watch the Castillo fight, Maidana extended his right arm out and stopped Mayweather from sliding out of the corner, all whilst utilizing his left hand pretty well.

Comment

Activity beat him that night. He was just outworked and outboxed. Maidana went with Plan B since he couldn't use his power with the sparring gloves.

Comment

Consistent jab + Awkwardness = Floyd not getting off First = Floyd getting backed up by a consistent jab and attack.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy_ View Post
              Can someone explain to me why Floyd couldn't move and use his footwork against Maidana like on his previous fights? I'm not use to seeing him against the ropes this much in one fight.
              I know, you aren't the only one shook, Maidana has me shook too.

Comment

Maidana did his homework.

Comment

Floyd hasn't been a mover in years. He has been comfortable fighting off the ropes. If you back as far his fight with Hatton, you will see Mayweather moving around for a few rounds and the rest of the fight he is against the ropes. I always figured he was conserving energy. It just backfired against Maidana.

Comment

Maidana covers ground

Comment

Working...
                    X