Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Americans lose guns rights they truly are ******

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pro gun people have already won, arguing about how stupid Americans are because of all the guns is a waste of time. There are over 300 million guns in America, they aren't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairweather View Post
      Does that happen in democratic countries that don't allow guns to the general public?
      It has happened before, and it can happen again.

Luckily the Founding Fathers had enough foresight to put it in the American Constitution that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Comment

The guns aren't going anywhere.

From what I have seen, it's mostly about universal background checks, limit cartridge capacity to 10 rounds, and bans on "assault weapon" type firearms. I haven't heard anything about all out bans, or federal and state agencies coming in and taking weapons.

It's a balance. You have one side flipping out over the tragedies in Aurora and Sandy Hook, and the other side flipping out that the government is coming to take away all the guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          The guns aren't going anywhere.

From what I have seen, it's mostly about universal background checks, limit cartridge capacity to 10 rounds, and bans on "assault weapon" type firearms. I haven't heard anything about all out bans, or federal and state agencies coming in and taking weapons.

It's a balance. You have one side flipping out over the tragedies in Aurora and Sandy Hook, and the other side flipping out that the government is coming to take away all the guns.
          I think the proposals the president has made though make a lot of sense. Nothing will stop these types of murders but for me, the bigger issue is the gun murders in the inner cities in America.

Places like Chicago are war zones because of "straw sales". Where people buy the guns legally, then go and sell them to criminals. We need to stop that gigantic loophole and I guarantee that crime will slow down.

40% of all guns in America are sold that way, I bought my gun that way with no paper work, no background check...nothing.

Comment

I've posted this before. But this happened three houses away from where I live.

http://southsacramento.news10.net/ne...-theft-attempt

Now, the neighborhood I live in is decent, nowhere near as bad some of the places I lived growing up.

It is a reality that things like this DO happen. I don't have the mindset that having a firearm would prevent this happening to me. But I own two rather protective chihauhua's, and have security doors. I figure if those things don't deter some would be intruder, then they probably mean to do me harm, and aren't just after my possessions.

I'm and adult, so my first course of action would to call the police. The second would be to open up the gun safe, grab the shotgun and .45, and go give the motherfuckers a house warming party.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              I've posted this before. But this happened three houses away from where I live.

http://southsacramento.news10.net/ne...-theft-attempt

Now, the neighborhood I live in is decent, nowhere near as bad some of the places I lived growing up.

It is a reality that things like this DO happen. I don't have the mindset that having a firearm would prevent this happening to me. But I own two rather protective chihauhua's, and have security doors. I figure if those things don't deter some would be intruder, then they probably mean to do me harm, and aren't just after my possessions.

I'm and adult, so my first course of action would to call the police. The second would be to open up the gun safe, grab the shotgun and .45, and go give the motherfuckers a house warming party.
              my type of guy

here's a tip I learned in class, keep a fully charged phone inside your safe even though it has no phone service you could still dial 911 as a back up

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                my type of guy

here's a tip I learned in class, keep a fully charged phone inside your safe even though it has no phone service you could still dial 911 as a back up
                I love you too, boo boo. And thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  How will the people protect themselves from a state that becomes oppressive?

No thanks. The American way is that the people have a right to bear arms so that the government can't run rough shod over them.
                  Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear. Those patrols will keep us safe from unsavory elements that wish to harm the good masses. The state is like a father to its citizens, a protective arm. In return, we vow to serve our state loyally.

The UK is as democratic and free as the USA, but a billion times safer. Personally, I would like to see more state involvement.

Comment

Talk about being a drama queen.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      It has happened before, and it can happen again.

Luckily the Founding Fathers had enough foresight to put it in the American Constitution that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
                      Yeah, but how about the right to bare arms?

Amerikans and their guns, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X