Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me that has picked up a noticeable skill difference in Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Against the Gatti's of the world definitely. Against a great lightweight at somewhere around welterweight sure. But I won't sit there & say that he'll stroll up to 160 & beat genuinely bigger & stronger fighters.

I have seen 1 fighter show similar skill around Floyd's weight classes. I'd like to see these 2 display those skills against each other. That man is Martinez. But Floyd & his followers would accept Canelo over Martinez saying Floyd beats Martinez anyway. Sorta like Pacman fans that claim Pacman beats Cotto at anyweight. However He won't fight him without a catchweight. Strange if you ask me.
    Bs, **** canelo. Bring on sexay

Comment

Against the Gatti's of the world definitely. Against a great lightweight at somewhere around welterweight sure. But I won't sit there & say that he'll stroll up to 160 & beat genuinely bigger & stronger fighters.

I have seen 1 fighter show similar skill around Floyd's weight classes. I'd like to see these 2 display those skills against each other. That man is Martinez. But Floyd & his followers would accept Canelo over Martinez saying Floyd beats Martinez anyway. Sorta like Pacman fans that claim Pacman beats Cotto at anyweight. However He won't fight him without a catchweight. Strange if you ask me.
      This again?
      Floyd book this fight in February when ARum refused to sign for a fight with PAc.
      MArtinez booked the fight with Macklin in december my friend...
      HOw the fuc'k is Floyd ducking a busy man?
      Also wasn't he sentenced in December?
      You have some serious logical laps my friend.
      Like the time you outright called Floyd a ducker for not booking MArtinex for may 5th......?!?!?!

Yeah so much of a MArtinez fan that you didn't even know he had a fight With Macklin on March...

Or MAybe you thought a fighter can go into camp immidiatly to fight the p4p #1 in just 1½ month.....
      VEEEERY logical right?

You think fights can be booked back to back?

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        He got up...but if he went down in the first place, then when Pac lands, he will be out cold...its gonna be like the hatton fight!
        You say 'learn the game of boxing' and then you write some dumb **** like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
          This again?
          Floyd book this fight in February when ARum refused to sign for a fight with PAc.
          MArtinez booked the fight with Macklin in december my friend...
          HOw the fuc'k is Floyd ducking a busy man?
          Also wasn't he sentenced in December?
          You have some serious logical laps my friend.
          Like the time you outright called Floyd a ducker for not booking MArtinex for may 5th......?!?!?!

Yeah so much of a MArtinez fan that you didn't even know he had a fight With Macklin on March...

Or MAybe you thought a fighter can go into camp immidiatly to fight the p4p #1 in just 1½ month.....
          VEEEERY logical right?

You think fights can be booked back to back?
          I'm not understanding how you came to this conclusion from my post. But seems typical anyway. I will try to simplify for you. Floyd's skills against lesser fighters have been amazing. I want to see those skills on display against Martinez's.

Comment

I'm not understanding how you came to this conclusion from my post. But seems typical anyway. I will try to simplify for you. Floyd's skills against lesser fighters have been amazing. I want to see those skills on display against Martinez's.
            So, let me get this straight - you're kind of saying that Floyd fighting 5 weight divisions above his prime weight isn't impressive enough for you.

And just for the record, I'm up for a Martinez fight just as much as you are, and the many Floyd fans on this site, as well as elsewhere around.

Comment

I thought it was pretty obvious I mean posts you made earlier about this topic.
              Read again and you see me referring to posts where you say Floyd is ducking Martinez by taking the Cotto fight.

People checked you on it but you kept on with that mantra.

Comment

i dont have the video but there was like a 1min stretch in the 3rd round where Floyd was walking to Ortiz and picked off like 5 straight shots easily with his elbow, and then landed that straight hard right. Damn that was beast. You could tell Ortiz didnt know how to hit him while Floyd was defending it mad easy. Just twisting his body and blocking. At the same time Floyd was shaking his head at Ortiz like "NO"

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Is that why h chose Cotto as hes leftovers of Pac and its in his mind to lose? When Floyd fought hatton another unbeaten guy he had a tougher fight than he wanted, and thats why he avoided Bradley i guess.
                  Man! Really ? Have you ever considered pausing and thinking before entering a post ? Choosing Pac's leftovers? Cotto was the clear choice after Pac and Arum slid out of the fight. No one else in the game brought the name, fans, marketing upside or challenge. As for fighting Bradley, outside of hard core boxing fans, no one knows who the hell he is. At least Ortiz had a belt and was coming off the fight of the year. Cotto was a good choice. Not to mention Floyd didn't drain him like Pac did. Think before you post.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                    Bro, Kendal Holt firstly is an orthodox fighter. Secondly, Bradley hasn't had problems I've seen with southpaws of late. His bouts with Witter, Casamayor and Alexander all ended before 12 full rounds.
                    He didn't look overly impressive in any of those fights though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                      I thought it was pretty obvious I mean posts you made earlier about this topic.
                      Read again and you see me referring to posts where you say Floyd is ducking Martinez by taking the Cotto fight.

People checked you on it but you kept on with that mantra.
                      You're lying. I never, ever said Floyd ducked Martinez to fight Cotto. You will never find such a post. I'll bet accounts on that. Like I said you shouldn't post if you can't comprehend.

Comment

Working...
                      X