No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito Would Demolish Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freeloada View Post

With the recent talks between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in silence and Bob Arum's need to get Pacquiao back in the ring in November, Mayweather may not be Manny's next opponent. In fact I would bet that he won't be.

However, it would would not bother me if they didn't meet later this year, because I believe it sets up one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Michael Konz, Manny Pacquiao's closest adviser, has gone on record stating that if Floyd backs out of the proposed November bout, Pacquiao's next fight would be a rematch with Miguel Cotto.

Now as much as I love Cotto i would not want to see him beaten again at the hands of the far superior Pacquiao.

The logical reason for a rematch in boxing is due to the fact that the bout was close, not a physical one sided beat down.

Here is the logical match that should happen now that Mosley seems to be done at 38, a fight with the Tijuana Tornado himself, Antonio Margarito. It is my belief that Margarito would stop Pacquiao inside of 11 rounds. Here are my reasons why.

Margarito stands at 5'11", while Manny stands at only 5'7." Size doesn't always matter, but in this case, it does.

Pacquiao has never faced a young, hard-hitting, hungry and taller man like he would face in Margarito. He will also be taking a dose of his own medicine because Pacquiao has become a relentless stalker similar to the bigger Margarito.

Also, Pacquiao has never taken body shots well. In fact, the two knock outs early in his career came by way of body punches. Now, remember that when Margarito beat the unbeaten Cotto, it was because he broke him down over time with body punches.

Now the final reason why Margarito would beat Pacquiao.

Manny is a great head hunter and tends to knock out all of his opponents at welterweight and lightweight with shots to the head. Remember, Margarito fought Paul Williams and barely lost. Williams is a fast southpaw and throws a thousand punches per fight much like Pacquiao, but he is also much taller.

Manny will land plenty of shots early, while coming forward but as the fight goes on Pacquiao will find his best punches are not affecting Margarito, and Margarito is hurting his body quite often.

Manny will begin to receive hits more often, with not only shots to the body but more shots upstairs until Roach throws in the towel.

So if Floyd does not want to fight this year, can we all agree that Antonio Margarito is the more logical choice than the man both he and Pacquiao have already beaten.

link

Not at this stage of his career and I'm not sure if he ever would have. Speed kills and Margarito has always had slow hands. I think it's a bad style match up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      marg beat cotto way worse than pac did
      Not really. Pac knocked Cotto down with one punch twice. From that point on Cotto ran from him. Cotto never ran from Margarito and took the beating. That's the only reason he looked worse than when he fought Pac. I think it speaks wonders that Pac can knock Cotto down with one punch and Margarito can't even knock down a "C" level guy in his comeback fight.

Comment

the fight would start with jim lampley talking stupid as usual:"margarito doesnt deserve to be in the ring right now, plus pacman (bam, bam, bam) is going to destroy him". then the fight starts. pacman comes out confident and lands the first few combos, late in the rd margo starts to counter to the body as the bell rings. lampley: "pacman is too much, margo has no answers for speed". kellerman thinking to himself:" did this idiot not see the body shots margo just landed?" ha ha...pace will pick up with violent exchanges next couple of rds, by the time roach tells pacman to get on his bike it will be too late...margo will leave pacman rolling around the mat with body shots. kellerman:"what now jim lampley!" ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post

With the recent talks between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in silence and Bob Arum's need to get Pacquiao back in the ring in November, Mayweather may not be Manny's next opponent. In fact I would bet that he won't be.

However, it would would not bother me if they didn't meet later this year, because I believe it sets up one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Michael Konz, Manny Pacquiao's closest adviser, has gone on record stating that if Floyd backs out of the proposed November bout, Pacquiao's next fight would be a rematch with Miguel Cotto.

Now as much as I love Cotto i would not want to see him beaten again at the hands of the far superior Pacquiao.

The logical reason for a rematch in boxing is due to the fact that the bout was close, not a physical one sided beat down.

Here is the logical match that should happen now that Mosley seems to be done at 38, a fight with the Tijuana Tornado himself, Antonio Margarito. It is my belief that Margarito would stop Pacquiao inside of 11 rounds. Here are my reasons why.

Margarito stands at 5'11", while Manny stands at only 5'7." Size doesn't always matter, but in this case, it does.

Pacquiao has never faced a young, hard-hitting, hungry and taller man like he would face in Margarito. He will also be taking a dose of his own medicine because Pacquiao has become a relentless stalker similar to the bigger Margarito.

Also, Pacquiao has never taken body shots well. In fact, the two knock outs early in his career came by way of body punches. Now, remember that when Margarito beat the unbeaten Cotto, it was because he broke him down over time with body punches.
          Now the final reason why Margarito would beat Pacquiao.

Manny is a great head hunter and tends to knock out all of his opponents at welterweight and lightweight with shots to the head. Remember, Margarito fought Paul Williams and barely lost. Williams is a fast southpaw and throws a thousand punches per fight much like Pacquiao, but he is also much taller.

Manny will land plenty of shots early, while coming forward but as the fight goes on Pacquiao will find his best punches are not affecting Margarito, and Margarito is hurting his body quite often.

Manny will begin to receive hits more often, with not only shots to the body but more shots upstairs until Roach throws in the towel.

So if Floyd does not want to fight this year, can we all agree that Antonio Margarito is the more logical choice than the man both he and Pacquiao have already beaten.

link
          Of course, it could have been something else that broke Cotto down...., but of course we will never know. Paq has much better footwork, much faster hands than Marg, not saying it will be like the Clottey fight because Marg will fight back, but the reason Clottey covered up so much is that when he did throw, Paq jumped in, scored, and jumped back out. Paq will land more on Marg than he did on Clottey because Marg throws a lot of his own. If Paq were to try to stand toe to toe and trade with Marg, he loses. Roach will not allow that, Paq will land, move, land again. To me it is an interesting matchup.

Comment

Putting aside the fact that Margarito is a cheat who doesn't deserve a payday against Pacquiao, I think he poses a significant threat to Pac. I'd be willing to overlook my prejudice against Margarito just to see that battle.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
              **** Margarito. That is all I have to say
              Co-sign. Without plaster Tony is a club fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by GRANDSLAM View Post
                all this would be a true test for antonio margarito to clear up his name or his innocence and to truly redeem himself he needs to fight rematches with joshua clottey and paul williams and see just how much he has left

Comment

Originally posted by GRANDSLAM View Post
                  The sad part is that all the haters will still tune in when Pac fights Margs.

Comment

War Margarito!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VanillaIce View Post
                      war Pacquio and i say this as a mexican
                      You are a disgrace and a sorry sack of dog ****..... You are now excommunicated from REAL Mexicans.....

Comment

Working...
                      X