Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather, SHO/CBS in Talks For Contract Extension?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great news for fight fans, TBE is staying on

Comment

• the only guy that can match Floyd's IQ is Lara.. he waxes everybody else, including Golovkin. i see Lara as undefeated anyway, i hope he gets a crack at Floyd.

Comment

• Well all big ego fights refuse to ride of in the sunset especially after there biggest fight in history.....in my eyes he never beat pacquaio clearly.....and pacquaio was injured....MAYWEATHER knows that because he actually stated before the fight he knew what was happening in the wild card gym.......let's be fair what else can floyd do....he spends lmoney like its gone out of fashion and needs income to sustain that......if he hangs around he will get beat there's no question of that and it won't matter if Vegas and the judges are in his pocket....if he hangs around and beats a fit pacquaio in a rematch then squares of with cotto and beats him....and then moves up and somehow beats golovkin that would be something truly special.....he would be top 3 of all time in my eyes and that's comng from somebody who thinks he is overrated.... He will get broken down by golovkin I guarantee though

Comment

• Originally posted by elishua F View Post
          what other 38 year old boxer in history was the P4P king ?? what other 38 year old boxer in history is held to the standards floyd is ?

TBE sounds about right.. time for u fools to just admit it
          I guess you haven't been following boxing for that long, Bhop was p4p #1 at ages 39 app 11 yrs ago.

See : http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th...r_Pound--2000s

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
            Well all big ego fights refuse to ride of in the sunset especially after there biggest fight in history.....in my eyes he never beat pacquaio clearly.....and pacquaio was injured....MAYWEATHER knows that because he actually stated before the fight he knew what was happening in the wild card gym.......let's be fair what else can floyd do....he spends lmoney like its gone out of fashion and needs income to sustain that......if he hangs around he will get beat there's no question of that and it won't matter if Vegas and the judges are in his pocket....if he hangs around and beats a fit pacquaio in a rematch then squares of with cotto and beats him....and then moves up and somehow beats golovkin that would be something truly special.....he would be top 3 of all time in my eyes and that's comng from somebody who thinks he is overrated.... He will get broken down by golovkin I guarantee though
            no matter how much he spends, Mayweather is a smart business man whose made over $500 mil in earnings. he doesn't need to fight for the $.
            He clearly beat pac. It was boring and uninspiring, but he won.
            and he isn't fighting GGG. May didnt want to fight Pac in 2009-'10, a former flyweight, bc he was too devastating. u think hes gonna fight a natural middleweight who has app 17 straight KOs. c'mon

Comment

• Originally posted by elishua F View Post
              the only guy that can match Floyd's IQ is Lara.. he waxes everybody else, including Golovkin. i see Lara as undefeated anyway, i hope he gets a crack at Floyd.
              he would have s hot at GGG if he sucked him down to '54. either way, they're not fighting. but NO Way fLOYD WOULD WIN AT 160, MUCH LESS"WAX HIM"

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                That's how I feel. They are both too lucrative an option which is spoiling the competitiveness of the division.
                NO. fIGHTERS NOT HAVING BALLS SPOLIS THE COMPETITIVENESS OF THE DIVISION. YOU DONT THINK FIGHTERS LIKE THURMAN, PORTER AND BROOK WOULD FGHT ANYONE. KHAN IS THE ONLY ONE TALKING BUOT FLOYD EVERYDAY AND REFUSING TO FIGHT ANY OTHER TOP WELTERWT

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  Floyd needs to retire before he ages more and some young sht finally gets to him. He's done it all, he is good to go, walk off into the sunset and don't look back. He admitted he doesn't have the passion for the sport like he once had.
                  Bad for him, but great for boxing's future. Mayweather's hype and star power will only be transferred to the next generation of boxers if Canelo/Porter/Thurman/Brook or another young fighter comes in and beats him. That's the positive of him not walking away when he probably should.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 07-25-2015, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• I heard he's going to get sugar ray Leonard out of retirement for his 50th fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Bad for him, but great for boxing's future. Mayweather's hype and star power will only be transferred to the next generation of boxers if Canelo/Porter/Thurman/Brook or another young fighter comes in and beats him. That's the positive of him not walking away when he probably should.
                      That's true. A big upset in Boxing generates a lot of interest in the sports world in general and everyone starts talking about it and the guy who beats him becomes a star. I don't see Mayweather going unbeaten for 5 more fights. Father time will pay a visit.
                      Last edited by richardt; 07-25-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X