No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Expects The Fight of His Life With Ioka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Expects The Fight of His Life With Ioka

Nicaraguan Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (34-0, 24KOs) has already returned to the gym to begin training for a mandatory fight with Japanese star Kazuto Ioka (11-0, KOs). Gonzalez is the WBA's "super champion" at junior flyweight and Ioka is the "regular" champion. The WBA has ordered a purse bid for February 18th.

[Click Here To Read More]

Heck yeah Gonzalez will be tested. This is a big fight in the lower division. The victor will probably face Viloria, if he beats Estrada.

Comment

I think Ioka is over his head in this fight. Roman will win convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRain
        Heck yeah Gonzalez will be tested. This is a big fight in the lower division. The victor will probably face Viloria, if he beats Estrada.
        The guy with more experience is the one being tested? Smh...

I gotta go with Chocolatito in this one.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

The level of hype Gonzalez would be getting if he was being featured on HBO or Showtime would be huge.Such a perfectly balanced, pin-point accurate combination puncher; very much the quintessential boxer-puncher - and the best in recent years, really.And he's an exciting fighter, too, so there's really no excuse not to be giving his talents the full recognition it deserves.

I don't expect much from HBO, as they're generally more interested in 'making stars' as opposed to showcasing the best fights, but Showtime are supposed to be the exact opposite of HBO, and yet guys like Brian Viloria and Roman Gonzalez are fighting on some completely forgettable channel that I can't even remember the name of.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            The level of hype Gonzalez would be getting if he was being featured on HBO or Showtime would be huge.Such a perfectly balanced, pin-point accurate combination puncher; very much the quintessential boxer-puncher - and the best in recent years, really.And he's an exciting fighter, too, so there's really no excuse not to be giving his talents the full recognition it deserves.

I don't expect much from HBO, as they're generally more interested in 'making stars' as opposed to showcasing the best fights, but Showtime are supposed to be the exact opposite of HBO, and yet guys like Brian Viloria and Roman Gonzalez are fighting on some completely forgettable channel that I can't even remember the name of.
            OUTSTANDING POST!!! It's sad that I have to watch Roman on a ****Ty feed when he should be fighting on some good undercards. His promotional company has a lot to do with it as well. Hopefully this year he gets on a undercard and gets more popularity. Dude is the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRain View Post
              Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

Change the names around ie Donaire-Rigo and his tune changes

As for the thread topic..... Tough fight I can see either man winning..... I'm going to sit on the fence till close to fight time because I like both

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223
                Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeItRain

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Change the names around ie Donaire-Rigo and his tune changes

As for the thread topic..... Tough fight I can see either man winning..... I'm going to sit on the fence till close to fight time because I like both
                I don't think I ever said Donaire would be tested. I said Rigo would beat him. Its only normal to show confidence in my guy. Get the facts right and on topic.

This ain't about Rigo or Donaire. There's plenty of threads about this fight on the first page.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa

I cant remember the last time HBO or Showtime show cased a fight south of 118.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

Well see what happens come fight night. Ioka has height and reach advantage and has power too. He hasn't had that many fights and he's already a 2 division world champ so it would be stupid to count him out that easy. Also looks like Gonzalez is going to fight Viloria if both win their next fights. When that happens you know who I'm picking to win.

Comment

Working...
                    X