Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
    Not exactly a prime Eubank...

Joe wouldn't have the balls to enter a tourney that a very green Ward did...JC pulled out of the Lacy fight and ducked Glen Johnson (who Calzaghe could have beat)...the point is-Joe didn't have enough confidence in himself to take big risks that Ward has ALREADY taken at this stage.
    How you can possibly know what Joe would have done in a hypothetical situation is beyond me? As for Eubank he was only 31 years old when he and Joe fought. He also lost what many of the pundits thought was a close controversial fight for a cruiserwight title in his fight with Carl Thompson. Which was his next fight after his lose to Joe. Chris was also winning the rematch when the doc stopped the fight in the 9th round because Chris eyes swelled shut. As far as Carl Thompson is concerned, he may not have been one of the best in history. But, he was ranked in Ring magazines top ten at the time he fought Chris and he was also good enough to stop David Haye a few years after his fights with Chris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      Thats laughable Roy Jones is the best super middleweight in history and all calzaghe did was beat an endless amount of cans there. 99% of his defenses were against guys outside the top 20
      What is really laughable is what you have claimed. And why? Because it is so easy to disprove. Joe, not to include the Bhop and Jones fights, fought nine fighters that were ranked in Rings top ten in his Super middleweight title fights. That included seven former or at that time champions. As far as Jones at super middleweight he never even unified any belts. So, what makes you think he was the best? His win over a fat pudgy Vinnie Paz?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
        How you can possibly know what Joe would have done in a hypothetical situation is beyond me?
        its pretty simple. from calzaghe's history of behavior you can predict with some accuracy what calzaghe would do in a hypothetical situation...

he ducked tough fights in the past, and therefore he would duck tough fights in hypothetical situations as well

Comment

• Joe been on that white girl again, no one is stopping him from coming back and fighting, why don't he just step up and do it if he so certain?

Comment

What is really laughable is what you have claimed. And why? Because it is so easy to disprove. Joe, not to include the Bhop and Jones fights, fought nine fighters that were ranked in Rings top ten in his Super middleweight title fights. That included seven former or at that time champions. As far as Jones at super middleweight he never even unified any belts. So, what makes you think he was the best? His win over a fat pudgy Vinnie Paz?
            RJJ's win over Prime undefeated Toney is the best win in the history of 168. Unify all you like, you won't top that win easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
              RJJ's win over Prime undefeated Toney is the best win in the history of 168. Unify all you like, you won't top that win easily.
              Roy's win over Toney was no doubt a great win for him. But that being the basis for claims of him being the greatest super middleweight ever is quite laughable. lol see I told you it was!

Comment

Roy's win over Toney was no doubt a great win for him. But that being the basis for claims of him being the greatest super middleweight ever is quite laughable. lol see I told you it was!
                jones also beat malinga who had just beaten benn and eubank but didn't get the decision in either fight. those guys are supposed to be great. i mean calzaghe beat a faded eubank and it's one of his best wins.

Comment

Not going to say why? 168 doesn't have a deep history. From your posts in this thread, your logic seems to be that unifying titles is the way to become the greatest. That one win alone is greater than anything Calzaghe has ever done at 168, and it wasn't close, controversial or a struggle for him. Froch v Kessler will be the for the WBA/IBF titles, does that make them greater than RJJ?

Comment

• I don't hate Calzaghe like a lot of people do, but I'd pick Ward. Too versatile and sharp for Calzaghe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                      What don't you understand
                      Lacy p4p. Not much to understand. Just bull.

Comment

Working...
                      X