Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito's Chin Is Good But Is It Great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly the dude has the best chin I've seen in a long time. It's Marvin Hagler like, the kind of **** that makes your jaw drop honestly. It's what allows him to fight the way he does (throwback style) without ever getting hurt.

In the Cintron rematch Kermit planted his feet plenty of times and drilled Tony with all of his might, but it had no effect. I don't think Cotto hits harder than Kermit, so I don't think Cotto would've been better served to plant his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
      This is the only thing possible of stopping Margarito

**** No, Margarito would still be alive along with the roaches.

Comment

I would go with BALDIMIR.The guy took everything JUDAH had,GATTI had,CLOTTEY,MAYWEATHER,and VERNON FORREST(who tagged him all night and in my opinion is probably along with GATTI 2 pounld for lb powerpunchers.Also MARGIRITO usually ends fights early so its not like he took 24 rounds of punches but 12.BALDIMIR's fight usually go to the scorecards.

Comment

At 147 it's definitely great. At the higher weights I don't think anything can be said as of yet, although it can't be worse than very good.

Comment

The OP is a fool. I watched Cintron, Clottey, Williams and Cotto land their hardest shots and Marg walk right through them. Without even flinching.

I think he has a dangerous chin, the type of chin that won't allow him to quit and could lead to him getting permanantly hurt.

Comment

I watched the Cotto vs Margarito fight again last night and Im convinced that Margarito had the bone removed from his face and he had it replaced with brick.

Comment

I am not even a big fan of Margarito but that man has great chin. For that even be questioned at this stage is crazy. Now against bigger opponents at higher weights that remains to be seen.

I am of the fact that Margarito has shown me he has a great chin better than anybody could tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoy MeYHeM View Post
                  Um, I disagree..

Look at the **** cintron was landing..
                  He landed the same shots on Walter Matthysse and that doode was out cold..
                  People like yourself discredit people.. Basically your not directly discrediting Tony, but your running around it..

Seriously, what does this guy have to do to show you hes got a solid beard?
                  Take a clean shot from a prime Tyson?
                  Your ******ed..
                  Now go make another MMay post like you always do

Exactly, Margaritos got the hardest chin in the sport... Bar Far.

Comment

Love to see him fight at 160

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      Many people sweat his chin and probably rightfully so but he hasnt a 100% proved it to me yet. He just fought 2 of the biggest punchers in the game in Cotto & Cintron and walked through there shots like it was nothing "but" there are different kinds of punches. 9 times out of 10 a punch is not as hard when your going backwards or even just planted at times. Cotto & Cintron are huge punchers but they are both guys who have came forward in a 100% of there fights. There mostly fighting guys who are running or circling and then you can deliver the full blow. Its like your digging into them. When your going backwards like Margarito has made them then its not the same power. He's kind of punking them and taking some of the power out of there shots.

My point is that the only way you will ever be able to know if he has a dynamite chin is if there's a guy who is ever able to make him go back or who can atleast fight most of the fight without retreating at all. The guys at WW who could somewhat do this in the past were maybe a Mosley & Oscar but definatly guys like Forrest, Mayorga, Tito, and Quartay. If Margarito were ever able to fight them in there prime at WW then you could really judge his chin because he would definatly get there full power since I dont think he could make those guys go backwards all fight. Guys like them with there speed & power would meet him head on and some of them would try to even full out attack him
                      Paul Williams ...........................

Comment

Working...
                      X