No announcement yet.

Another Trendy Athiest Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Its not hard selling the world is flat. We all know how that worked out. Its a damn theory. Even the smartest sciesntist isnt gonna say its undeniable fact when its still a damn theory.
    very true i am still trying to figure why so many people believed in the flat earth theory even though since 1000 b.c. people have known the world was round. The first evidence of a round world comes from Africa. It is actually really funny and simple test.

It requires two people and flatland or what is believed to be flatland. one guys stands the other guys walks straight forward. if the world was flat the person walking forward, all of his body should be viewable no matter the distance. However, on a round world, someone walking forward will slowly start disappearing from legs up. Therefore, the world is round. The same experiment can be done with boats, water is supposed to be flat; however it is not. The boat will disappear slowly before the mast of the boat.

Comment

Why do people believe that their is something more powerful and smarter than them? Idiots! If you cant see it than it doesnt exist! We came from monkeys because visually that makes the most sense, right? Im basing my lifes opinion of the beginning of existance on a theory but, will snidely look down on people when they point out the absolute undeniable fact tht its just a theory. Just another run of the mill, Im a cool athiest look at me thread.
      looking down on other ppls beliefs isnt reserved for atheism, if anything religous ppl spend more time on their high horse than others. you are a good example, complaining about how atheists look down on you religous ppl while making a thread about how stupid and wrong they are.

also, if you cant spell something you probably dont know enough about it to dismiss it or judge its followers.

im not gonna discuss what makes more sense, creationism or atheism bcuz frankly it doesnt matter what i think. just like it doesnt matter what you or anyone else thinks. at the end of the day none of us have any facts so we are not gonna achieve anything by going back and forth. to each his own.
      Last edited by #1Assassin; 12-15-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Wow that is suck BS. We only thank god for the good things that happen to us but we can't blame him for the bad? Everytime a boxer wins a fight first thing he says is "I'd like to thank Jesus and god".....but I've never heard the loser of a fight blame god for losing, hmmmm
        I'd like to thank god for curing me of the terrible disease he gave me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
          Who created God?
          Primitive man.

Comment

Athiests can take they ass to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              But you can observe their effects, they produce detectable phenomena.

Where the God thing is different is that the claims made for him/her/it are vastly at odds with what is observed, and the sophistication of our observations has had the result of hugely reducing the claims made for gods.

God apparently created everything and has been on a downward trajectory ever since. Let's look at the things attributed to god, in order:

1. Created the entire universe
              2. Flood a whole planet
              3. Destroy two cities and a tower
              4. Outfox the Egyptians
              5. Slightly help out a group of people to find and conquer the promised land
              6. Alternately punish and reward said people via the proxy of other conquering nations
              7. Give visions to a collection of individual prophets
              8. Send an avatar to earth who performs parlour tricks like walking on water and casting out demons
              9. More visions
              10. Nothing for thousands of years
              11. ???

This is from the Bible. Can you imagine a scientific theory that stated "Well atoms used to do a whole load of shit but now we can't detect them. But if you don't believe in them you're going to hell!"?
              Squeal hits another post of out of the park. This was great.

Comment

Why are Christians so quick to judge, ridicule and mock people who don't believe in the same things as them? Day after day, there are threads from "Christians/believers" constantly attempting to belittle, berate and insult those who don't believe in what they believe. It's astonishing how you idiots don't see how hypocritical and non christian you seem. This is why religion is the most dangerous weapon on this planet. Ignorance is a incubator for stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  Why are Christians so quick to judge, ridicule and mock people who don't believe in the same things as them? Day after day, there are threads from "Christians/believers" constantly attempting to belittle, berate and insult those who don't believe in what they believe. It's astonishing how you idiots don't see how hypocritical and non christian you seem. This is why religion is the most dangerous weapon on this planet. Ignorance is a incubator for stupidity.
                  At least theyre not killing/banishing others like before

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy101 View Post
                    I'm speaking more on scientific discoveries which are being discovered now but it's mentioning are also present in religious scripture dating probably 1000-2000 years ago.
                    Name three.

If we say what caused the caused that caused the universe, lets continue, what caused the caused that caused the cause that caused the universe don't know if you got it but what caused the caused that caused the cause that caused the caused that caused the universe. If this went on forever would you finally then find God.

So in essence to claim who create God or who created the cause that caused the cause to cause the universe, is equivalent to saying that we don't have a universe.
                    No it isn't. Using god as a means of preventing infinite regress is meaningless. It's called "special pleading". "Everything there ever is came from something else. Except for the magic being that conjured into existence according to the particular religious and cultural tradition into which I, as a result of chance, was born.

Didnt make this thread to attack the theory of evolution or athiesm. ust see a bunch of arrogant douchebag athiests constantly attacking other peoples beliefs. Its trendt to be a smart ass athiest I get it but Im just pointing out those athiests are d!ckheads. They even made a southpark episode about athiests being d!ckheads so I know Im not alone on this.
                    Like this? Or this? This? This? This? How about this? This? Maybe this one then? Surely not this? Maybe a different thread. Or another...

Yeah, those nasty atheist so arrogantly dissing other peoples' beliefs without the slightest provocation.

This is where people of religion and atheist try discuss how the universe came into existence. The leading hypothesis is that from the big bang all of time, matter and energy was created. So what religious some religious people would say is that as we know it if everything that begins to exists has a cause and this universe had an absolute beginning then this universe mus also have a cause.

Argument from one side is that we don't know where this universe came from, basically it came from nothing pretty much. Then you have the other side of the argument stating that from rational, science and experience everything that beings to exist has a force or a cause that put it into existence. Similar if you believe that time, space and matter were created by the big bang then you have to agree using rational logic, science or what ever you want to use that this universe also has a cause, otherwise you have to stand the point that the universe came from nothing.
                    Did you just suggest that "rational logic, science or what ever (sic)" suggests that a magical supergenie created the universe for unspecified reasons?

I don't understand when people ask the question why God allows bad stuff happen to them or bad stuff happen in general. What do you expect God to do have a pillow grow from the floor to catch you before you fall, or having a knife turn to dough as someone plunges it through your body. Everyone quick to blame God for any misfortune that might befall them, but when the goods of this world touches world no mention of God or anything.
                    What gets me is this thing of claiming that you'll "pray for" the victims of some atrocity. Take this school shooting. You'll "pray for" those kids? To whom? If god exists then he already fucked it up.

Comment

God is real. Just take my word for it...

Comment

Working...
                      X