Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messi is more talented then any American Football/Baseball/Basketball player ever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -TRGB- View Post
    Exactly, lad. Same **** I was saying to RunW/K.

This ******edness of this thread isnt all on the OP, it actually got more ******ed as it went along thanks to all the counter-******ation of angry Americans.

Now it's just a ******ation bonanza.
    You just summed up this thread, the fixation of americans with their NBA and NFL "big ad super fast and super strong athletes that would dominate any sport they wanted to" is unreal

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      I said can. As in if they tried. But the ones who have for sure.

Chad Johnson. WR cincy bengals, trying out of MLS soccer now.
      Kobe Bryant. Obvious, but many don't know he also plays soccer very well.
      Micheal Jordan. Obvious, also played baseball.
      Lebron James. Obvious, also played American Football.
      Chris Johnson. RB titans, ran track in college.
      Do you know Ochocinco's trial failed badly, right? And the MLS is a mickey-mouse league? He couldn't even cut it in a mickey-mouse league and he "excels in other sports" according to you? He only got a trial because of his name, nothing more.

Kobe Bryant plays soccer very well, according to who? And compared to who? Lebron James played American football when, in high school or whatever? Lol, **** off.

Comment

• Why don't you Europeans understand that Americans could care less about football/soccer? No one cares about it. Most Americans think it's only a sport for ****sexuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
          Why don't you Europeans understand that Americans could care less about football/soccer? No one cares about it. Most Americans think it's only a sport for ****sexuals.
          Who cares what they think, Football is the biggest sport in the world football’s world governing body has 208 member countries and the game has fanatical following in 80 of those countries and is amongst the top three sports in all the other member nations. It is played and followed by three billion people from China to England, Africa to South America, throughout Asia and Europe.

So i think its more of a case that the rest of the world don't much care for American sports, the ****sexual thing also highlights there ignorance.

Anyway OP is just trolling its ridiculous to compare players from different sports its hard enough to compare players in the same sport who play in different positions. It amazes me how people cant see the blatant trolling attempt and jump on the defensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by -TRGB- View Post
            Well, that's great and probably true. He'd never be the magician in football that Messi is, but I'm sure he could turn his hand to and be successful at a greater number of sports. Maybe. I dunno, though. NFL, sure. But would he make a better batsman in cricket than Messi? Not so sure. That muddies the waters.

I need closure, I don't think I'll be able to sleep at night now. I know, let's just do a list of every sport ever and work out if LeBron would be better at a majority of them.

Actually, let's not, who gives a ****. Let's just be happy with the perfectly reasonable agreement we just reached ("Messi is as suited to his sport as LeBron is suited to his") and disregard this as a stupid thread based on an illogical premise which didn't even require a single reply in the first place.

i think most of the "american" stance on this has to do with the fact that lebrons athleticism translates to physical superiority in more sports.

lebron is six foot eight ( more than two meters tall)
            he's 265 lbs
            he has a 90 inch reach
            he can jump off of his left foot and dunk from outside of the paint on a basketball court (this perhaps might not sound like a tremendous feat, but a basketball hoop is ten feet in the air, messi would be hard pressed to even touch the bottom of the net)

you guys have to take that into consideration.

size and strength are a huge part of being an athlete, especially if you're talking about the potential for having talent at many sports
            and lebron (and many of the men in the NBA) is every bit as fast as anybody in any league in his element
            in addition to being gigantic and freakishly strong

michael jordan
            lebron james
            len bias

what separates these sort of men from other gifted athletes is the size
            Last edited by New England; 04-05-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Why don't you Europeans understand that Americans could care less about football/soccer? No one cares about it. Most Americans think it's only a sport for ****sexuals.
              That's great, we don't care what you think either. Just don't talk about things you obviously have no clue about like you know what you're talking about and all will be cool

Comment

Rugby players think A football with padding is for *******.

Or basketball with how many ayers and breaks? Same with American football lol.

Soccer is tough and skillful. Players run for 6 miles and with a ball. Try running with a ball for 6 miles in 90 mins with only 1 break. Only 3 players can chane as well, not like a whole team lol.

Baseball is shiet. Cricket is ****e but more famous lol

Comment

• he's accomplished alot, and he may very well end up the greatest ever, but all of those titles require teamates as well. Michael Jordan is still the greatest athelete of all time all things considered. for me at least.

Comment

• If europeans competed in basketball micheal jordan wouldn't be known because most american athletes suck on the world stage.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X