Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Mayweather-Canelo Demand is Growing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd will do what he does best, duck Canelo. Why take a risk when theres an easy pickin's fight with Guerrero/Berto winner?

No brainer for Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
      Arum counter-offered with a career high pay day for Floyd. Should Floyd accept that? Both offers were a joke, although Arum's was just a riff on Floyd's to make a point. I barely consider an offer where one part of one of the biggest fights in boxing history gets 0% of the PPV a legit offer.

The moment when I truly realised he doesn't want the Pacquaio fight was when he sneered that Pac was now "desperate". One fighter calling another desperate for wanting to make a fight. Just think about that for more than a second.

I'm a f*g? If someone analysed my posts against yours during this 3/4 year fiasco of the fight, I think it'd be fairly obviously who had the more ****sexual leanings. I mean, you don't even make a pretence to be neutral anymore. Rarely has a poster fallen off as badly as you. Anyone who knows my posts know that I have always tried to keep it real, because it's the only fooking way to be - there is nothing I find more obnoxious than picking a side and sticking to it regardless.

Also, the stakes have changed? Pac's star hasn't risen since '09? He only made it truly big in the mainstream after the DLH fight.

What's funny is that I distinctly remember a post years ago where some Pactart said Floyd would make money an issue once the drug testing was resolved, and YOU IMDAZED said that if he did that, you would blame him. I remember that post so well, cos I always knew at the back of my mind Floyd would start messing about with the money issue as well.

Do you remember making that post? I would remember making a post like that.

But hey, I guess the stakes have changed. Seeing the fight getting made doesn't actually matter, it's all about making sure Floyd gets what he deserves. 100% of the PPV and a 40m guarantee. He gets to keep all that of a non-existent fight - or he could actually take 75m or whatever 55% would be of an actual fight.

What I find funny is guys like you berate Pac for fighting JMM and want him to take on legit, difficult fights like Bradley, who's got about 10 fans. And when Pac does take the difficult fight and the numbers ain't good cos the other guy doesn't have a fanbase, you cite the sh-tty numbers as to why Floyd is right to demand 100% of the PPV.

It's an absolute joke.

Do I think Floyd deserves bigger split? Yes. Take the 55-45 offer. It's an amazing offer against a guy who most boxing heads think he will beat handily.

It will secure his legacy, it will make him more money than he's ever made, it will make him an even bigger star.

And yet, and yet....he's not jumping all over this fight.

He's sneering at the other guy for being "desperate".

You are too invested to take a step back and analyse it objectively.

But should you ever reach that stage, ask yourself this question - why is Floyd Mayweather not jumping all over a 55/45 offer in his favour, where he will make huge money/derails the Pac train once and for all/get one over Arum/cements his legacy.

Can someone explain that to a poor dumb Pac f*g like myself?
      Sure I could try. But it takes actually having a brain and understanding what's going on. Understanding the history. I don't know if you do or dont. It gets kind of repetitive atthis point and honestly this **** aint even relevant to me anymore. One side blames the other. Im not going to sit here and post a bunch of ****ing facts that are just going to be ignored anyway and waste my time.

But what I will say is this, and this is pretty much common sense. Why would Floyd Mayweather, who has the same fighting style as Marquez, with more speed and power, be afraid of a guy who fought Marquez multiple times, and hasn't really proved he's the better fighter? Marquez is an over aged lightweight. A definite hall of famer for sure. But a guy like Pacquiao, who people praise for his speed and power, should be able to finish him off or win convincingly. Mayweather did this after taking a year off in boxing and did it with ease. There was no need to see a Marquez vs Mayweather rematch because Mayweather clearly dominated the fight. It was actually more lopsided than his Arturro Gatti victory because Marquez was rated as the #2 p4p at that time. And Mayweather made him look like an amateur after he took a year off of boxing. It was recognized by some boxing analyst as the most lopsided victory of all time with respect to how high Marquez was ranked in the P4P list.

Why would Mayweather be afraid of Pacquiao when Manny doesnt have the balls to move up in weight and face Cotto, someone he already beat at a catchweight? Mayweather moved up without a problem and beat him. You can tell he was fighting a much more confident and comfortable Cotto at his more comfortable weight. Also a Cotto coming off a career resurrecting victory over Margarito to avenge his first loss of his career. A loss he probably may have won assuming Margarito cheated.

Pacquiao obviously likes to fight the big names when they come off a loss and drain their weight. Can anyone explain why no one says a word about the fact that Manny is afraid to move up in weight, yet Mayweather is willing to do so? Can anyone explain in the past why Manny refused to submit to drug testing up until the day of the fight, but everyone else who fought Mayweather, and other boxers not even fighting Mayweather are willing to do so?

So without involving the bull**** from each camp and the back and forth, how about looking at the common sense things? Yes, Floyd Mayweather an undefeated boxer who has dominated the sports for years, would in no way shape or form be afraid of a guy who is afraid to move up in weight to fight someone he already beat at a catchweight, hasn't had a knockout win in his last 5 fights, looked sluggish and outmatched vs an over aged lightweight, and who cant finish off a good but not great boxer in Timothy Bradley who was on a hobbled ankle.

Is that making any sense to you? Oh no no you only want to think Mayweather is scared huh? He's avoiding the fight. He's avoiding his biggest pay day. What was his biggest pay day btw? I guess it was his last fight vs Cotto whom Manny already fought. Correct me if Im wrong but was it not oh an event which gave Mayweather like the highest guarantee of all time or something of that sort? Maybe Mayweather is trying to utilize his business skills to maximize profit off his boxing talent so he can be remembered as one of the highest paid boxers and athletes of all time. Maybe it's a bit more deeper than a boxer being " scared " or not wanting the fight. Maybe Mayweather can make close if not the same amount of money fighting Canelo Alvarez that he would fighting Manny as well. Maybe that fight might even be smarter for Floyd since he would have no arguments about the pay cut, and it would do incredibly large numbers since both he and Alvarez have large fanbase. Maybe Mayweather dislikes Bob Arum and doesn't want him piggy backing off his fame to make a fortune when he can do it without fighting Manny Pacquiao.

Maybe you dont understand the politics in boxing I assume. I may not understand them fully. But I do have common sense. And Manny's stock has dropped. After he got schooled by Marquez he lost a lot of fans. And he really didn't impress anyone vs Bradley either. Unimpressive performances vs an over aged lightweight, a guy in Bradley which people will call a good but not great champ, and also a refusal to move up in weight to fight Cotto and fight Marquez a 4th time. All actions have dropped Manny's stock. So I do believe Mayweather has the right to demand a high amount of the pie. He's still undefeated, he's been impressive in all of his last five fights, and he's breaking PPV records every fight.

Comment

Canelo would make Mayweather contemplate retirement, kids no joke Let him eat Cotto first

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          Arum counter-offered with a career high pay day for Floyd. Should Floyd accept that? Both offers were a joke, although Arum's was just a riff on Floyd's to make a point. I barely consider an offer where one part of one of the biggest fights in boxing history gets 0% of the PPV a legit offer.

The moment when I truly realised he doesn't want the Pacquaio fight was when he sneered that Pac was now "desperate". One fighter calling another desperate for wanting to make a fight. Just think about that for more than a second.

I'm a f*g? If someone analysed my posts against yours during this 3/4 year fiasco of the fight, I think it'd be fairly obviously who had the more ****sexual leanings. I mean, you don't even make a pretence to be neutral anymore. Rarely has a poster fallen off as badly as you. Anyone who knows my posts know that I have always tried to keep it real, because it's the only fooking way to be - there is nothing I find more obnoxious than picking a side and sticking to it regardless.

Also, the stakes have changed? Pac's star hasn't risen since '09? He only made it truly big in the mainstream after the DLH fight.

What's funny is that I distinctly remember a post years ago where some Pactart said Floyd would make money an issue once the drug testing was resolved, and YOU IMDAZED said that if he did that, you would blame him. I remember that post so well, cos I always knew at the back of my mind Floyd would start messing about with the money issue as well.

Do you remember making that post? I would remember making a post like that.

But hey, I guess the stakes have changed. Seeing the fight getting made doesn't actually matter, it's all about making sure Floyd gets what he deserves. 100% of the PPV and a 40m guarantee. He gets to keep all that of a non-existent fight - or he could actually take 75m or whatever 55% would be of an actual fight.

What I find funny is guys like you berate Pac for fighting JMM and want him to take on legit, difficult fights like Bradley, who's got about 10 fans. And when Pac does take the difficult fight and the numbers ain't good cos the other guy doesn't have a fanbase, you cite the sh-tty numbers as to why Floyd is right to demand 100% of the PPV.

It's an absolute joke.

Do I think Floyd deserves bigger split? Yes. Take the 55-45 offer. It's an amazing offer against a guy who most boxing heads think he will beat handily.

It will secure his legacy, it will make him more money than he's ever made, it will make him an even bigger star.

And yet, and yet....he's not jumping all over this fight.

He's sneering at the other guy for being "desperate".

You are too invested to take a step back and analyse it objectively.

But should you ever reach that stage, ask yourself this question - why is Floyd Mayweather not jumping all over a 55/45 offer in his favour, where he will make huge money/derails the Pac train once and for all/get one over Arum/cements his legacy.

Can someone explain that to a poor dumb Pac f*g like myself?
          Wow all this for me? Next you're gonna start googling me and spending your time thinking about me...oh wait. You really think I read all of this ****? Get a life. Or write another novel about me if it suits you, f*ggot

Comment

Garcia's Dad just owned a ton of people. That was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by #thirsty View Post
              Garcia's Dad just owned a ton of people. That was hilarious.
              He did in his ****
              He just came off like an ignorant fool who has no time for facts,logic and reason
              His mind works like this
              Manny=good
              Floyd=bad

Sadly there are plenty of ****ing idiots like that on this site

Comment

Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
                Maybe you dont understand the politics in boxing I assume. I may not understand them fully. But I do have common sense. And Manny's stock has dropped...
                Maybe because he fights twice as much as Floyd. Could be one of the reasons why Floyd waited. Two more fights for Pac and Floyd is ready to go. Perfect time for Floyd to offer Pacquiao $20 million/0 PPV. Playing field will also be perfectly leveled by that time. Pacquiao would be totally shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                  Maybe because he fights twice as much as Floyd. Could be one of the reasons why Floyd waited. Two more fights for Pac and Floyd is ready to go. Perfect time for Floyd to offer Pacquiao $20 million/0 PPV. Playing field will also be perfectly leveled by that time. Pacquiao would be totally shot.

Idiot....Pacquiao is the one who waited but keep your head up your ass and believe what you want
                  Random testing is what makes a level playing field
                  Not catchweight's
                  Manny fights twice as much but no one cared that he fought Clottey Margarito and Mosley,that was Arum cashing in not Pacquiao challenging himself

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Wow all this for me? Next you're gonna start googling me and spending your time thinking about me...oh wait. You really think I read all of this ****? Get a life. Or write another novel about me if it suits you, f*ggot
                    I should get a life? I haven't spent he last 4 years in Pac/May threads arguing about OST and back-slapping forum-despised Flowmos.

Don't want to read it? That's cool. I'm certain judging by the threads you've been hanging around in since '09 you've got nothing better to do, but hey, you've gotta come back with the stock pithy response because that somehow gives you the upperhand in this "discussion". Also, it conveniently allows you to duck the point about how you said way back that if Floyd rejected the fight on the basis of money, it would be completely his fault.

I'm a f*ggot? ME?

I was at the fight! With the thousands of other Roy Jones fans who were sorely disappointed. But I'm willing to show my face. RJJ is finished. And for the third time in my life, I learn the lesson of not falling in love with the fighter. With Roy done and Floyd gone, I think it's safe to say I'll never love again .
                    http://*********.com/forums/showthre...?28864-IMDAZED

(insert fight beat as one word where the astericks are).
                    Last edited by Porter's Dad; 11-18-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post

I don't know if you're a ***, but you sure sound like an idiot. Blaming Manny's poor performances on how many times he fights. He fought a ****ing over aged lightweight. A fight he was supposed to dominate and he got schooled. And then after that he fought Bradley and couldn't finish him while he had a sprained ankle.

Yeah the reason Manny's stock drops is because he fights too much. As I see you did not address why Manny will not move up in weight to fight Cotto. If Mayweather fights Canelo I'll give him mad props. Because I know Manny wouldnt have the balls to move up and fight him since he's scared to move up and fight someone he already beat at a catchweight.

Now he's fighting Marquez again. Manny is trying hard to make himself look good so he can get back some of his lost fans. He's going to keep milking less challenging fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X