Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcastle should get Tai Ben Haim from Chelsea.

He should have went there when Big sam did the stupid ****. That would be a good partnership with Taylor and to some extent probably stopped a few goals.

They also need a decent left and right back.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Nicky_Hatton;3517567]Newcastle should get Tai Ben Haim from Chelsea.

He should have went there when Big sam did the stupid ****. That would be a good partnership with Taylor and to some extent probably stopped a few goals.

They also need a decent left and right back.[/QUOTE]

Agree Ben Haim made a big mistake choosing Chelsea. They didn't even really want him. Just didn't want anyone else to have him either.

Newcastle are rumoured to be after Nicky Shorey. He's good IMO.

Comment

• [QUOTE=good_looking01;3517707]
        Originally posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post
        Newcastle should get Tai Ben Haim from Chelsea.

They also need a decent left and right back.[/QUOTE]

Agree Ben Haim made a big mistake choosing Chelsea. They didn't even really want him. Just didn't want anyone else to have him either.

Newcastle Chairman Chris Mort is stepping down from his roll at the club.

Newcastle are rumoured to be after Nicky Shorey. He's good IMO.
        As for fullbacks I think Baye and Enrique look good enough for the prem league, baye iss a class act, Enrique really improved in the last few games, we need a really good quick centre-half to partner Taylor, I know Dunn of Man City is'nt quick but I would still take him, much needed steel at the back.
        Last edited by col Blake; 05-22-2008, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
          why would Huntelaar want to go to Newcastle when he could play for most of top clubs around Europe & be playing CL football

i dont know why u think Newcastle are a major attraction for Players TBH ,they offer big wages yes but they also offer no CL football and scratching around for a top table finish
          5th biggest club in England...do I really need to go threw it all again?
          Newcastle were always finishing in the top 3 a few years back, just look it up. We got to two FA cup finals two years in a row, both times we lost, but we had to beat better teams than Portsmouth and Cardiff.

Comment

• Chris Mort to step down as Newcastle United chairman

By Rob Stewart
            Last Updated: 3:07pm BST 22/05/2008

Newcastle United chairman Chris Mort was today praised for his work at St James' Park after it was effectively confirmed that he would be leaving the Tyneside club this summer.

Mort is returning to the legal profession with a London law firm following a year in charge at Newcastle. He is set to be replaced by deputy chairman Derek Llambias, who is a long-term acquaintance of Mike Ashley.

Today, club sources insisted that Mort was always destined to return to the legal circuit after he was granted a leave of absence to run Newcastle by his partners at Freshfields.

"It was always the scenario that at some stage Chris would return to his role at Freshfields in a full-time capacity," a club source said. "He's been a valuable figure since he arrived at St James' Park and he's certainly taken the club forward in his year as chairman.

"During that time he has significantly improved relationships between the club and the supporters.

"He's also done lots of good work in the community and met members of the public at sporting dinners and awards nights and he has been instrumental in appointing key members of the board to lay the foundations at Newcastle that will hopefully take the club forward in the future."

Mort, who helped Ashley take over Newcastle in a Ł134 million deal last summer, conducted a root-and-branch review of the club and had the dubious privilege of sacking manager Sam Allardyce last January.

He was instrumental in the appointment of Dennis Wise as director of football and Tony Jimenez in a player recruitment role, Jeff Vetere as technical co-ordinator and operations director David Williamson, who used to run Newcastle Racecourse.

The Welshman's most recent appointment, though, was Llambias, who left his role as managing director of London gambling club Fifty last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
              Chris Mort to step down as Newcastle United chairman

By Rob Stewart
              Last Updated: 3:07pm BST 22/05/2008

Newcastle United chairman Chris Mort was today praised for his work at St James' Park after it was effectively confirmed that he would be leaving the Tyneside club this summer.

Mort is returning to the legal profession with a London law firm following a year in charge at Newcastle. He is set to be replaced by deputy chairman Derek Llambias, who is a long-term acquaintance of Mike Ashley.

Today, club sources insisted that Mort was always destined to return to the legal circuit after he was granted a leave of absence to run Newcastle by his partners at Freshfields.

"It was always the scenario that at some stage Chris would return to his role at Freshfields in a full-time capacity," a club source said. "He's been a valuable figure since he arrived at St James' Park and he's certainly taken the club forward in his year as chairman.

"During that time he has significantly improved relationships between the club and the supporters.

"He's also done lots of good work in the community and met members of the public at sporting dinners and awards nights and he has been instrumental in appointing key members of the board to lay the foundations at Newcastle that will hopefully take the club forward in the future."

Mort, who helped Ashley take over Newcastle in a Ł134 million deal last summer, conducted a root-and-branch review of the club and had the dubious privilege of sacking manager Sam Allardyce last January.

He was instrumental in the appointment of Dennis Wise as director of football and Tony Jimenez in a player recruitment role, Jeff Vetere as technical co-ordinator and operations director David Williamson, who used to run Newcastle Racecourse.

The Welshman's most recent appointment, though, was Llambias, who left his role as managing director of London gambling club Fifty last month.
              yep I heard this morning, the Vice-chairman looks like his full time replacement

Comment

• I'm going to do a list of exciting prospects.
                (If Keegan signs any of them, I want a cut)

Comment

• Abdou Razack Traoré (1988-12-28) (age 19)
                  Patricio Araujo (1988-01-30) (age 20)
                  Ezequiel Garay (1986-10-10) (age 21)
                  Matthew Spiranovic (1988-06-27) (age 19)
                  Urby Emanuelson (1986-06-16) (age 21)

I'll name some more later.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
                    5th biggest club in England...do I really need to go threw it all again?
                    Newcastle were always finishing in the top 3 a few years back, just look it up. We got to two FA cup finals two years in a row, both times we lost, but we had to beat better teams than Portsmouth and Cardiff.
                    u are off your head if u think u are the 5 th biggest side in England

Huntelaar can go anywhere in Europe he is being chased by the likes of Man Utd why on earth would he join Newcastle ? u need a reallity check seriously

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
                      u are off your head if u think u are the 5 th biggest side in England

Huntelaar can go anywhere in Europe he is being chased by the likes of Man Utd why on earth would he join Newcastle ? u need a reallity check seriously
                      I didn't write that article you **** sucking knob jokey.

Comment

Working...
                      X