No announcement yet.

Time for Random Drug Testing across the board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
    People laughed at Floyd Mayweather and suggested he was using the Random Drug testing as an excuse of not fighting Manny. He and his camp constantly told people that Boxing needs to upgrade the drug testing because it was weak and Boxers weren't playing on an even playing field. Maybe now with Peterson testing positive it will open up some eyes and push the Random Drug testing issue to the forefront. I like Peterson and his whole coming from nothing story but if he cheated which it looks like he did then I can not support him. I think it's time to finally clean up Boxing. Right now Boxing is in the same spot as Baseball was when all the roid cheats were starting to surface and get exposed. Now hopefully fans will look closely at the Boxers who refuse random drug testing. If you're clean there should be no hesitation in taking a random drug test for the good of the Sport.
    I agree man boxing is a dangerous sport for people to be cheating. every state athletic commission should require random olympic style drug testing. if other less serious sports do it then boxing should.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Yet only a handful of guys have been tested in those 3 years
      But canelo/mosley, peterson/khan, berto/ortiz, and martinez asking but for some reason chavez say no. So yes things are changing and those are this year only.

Comment

At the low end of the sport it is not really feasible, but TV and big cards of a certain finacial level it shoud be required.

Comment

Mayweather saved Khan's life.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            But canelo/mosley, peterson/khan, berto/ortiz, and martinez asking but for some reason chavez say no. So yes things are changing and those are this year only.
            It's amazing how some people think. Rome wasn't built in a day. And the first person who thought of building it was probably ridiculed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              Martinez is asking Chavez but when asked about for the Macklin fight, Dibella said "it wasnt necessary"

Comment

Martinez is asking Chavez but when asked about for the Macklin fight, Dibella said "it wasnt necessary"
                So what's your point? That, based off this one example...what?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  So what's your point? That, based off this one example...what?
                  You know what it.......is

Comment

You know what it.......is
                    I do. Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Well we've come a long way from 2009, haven't we? Remember when asking for testing was a "duck"? And saying no (for reasons dumber than ****) was perfectly justifiable?
                      haha. your posts are always ether.

Comment

Working...
                      X