Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Stewart is a hypocrite and a partisan hack.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Stewart is a hypocrite and a partisan hack.

Stewart is the type of "born with a silver spoon in his mouth" multi millionaire that his audience loves to hate. His brother Larry Leibowitz is the CEO of the New York Stock Exchange, the kind of guy that his audience really loves to hate. Jon's a funny, intelligent guy and a talented comedian with exquisite timing, but he tries to come off as a moderate, which is complete nonsense.

Steven Crowder is an up and coming talent, 23 years old, whose manager recently applied at the Daily Show to get him a gig. But was told "Steven is definitely a talented guy, but we never book conservative pundits." Which makes Jon's attacks on Fox all the more ludicrous, since they at least have quite a number of liberal hosts and commentators (Shepard Smith, Chris Wallace, Greta Van Susteren, Geraldo Rivera, Alan Colmes, etc.)

Now I'm a conservative and most of my views tend to be right of center and I don't even mind being called a partisan hack, but not when it comes from people that think Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, Mika Brzezinski and Rachel Maddow are remotely close to being centrists or have the tiniest degree of objectivity.

Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 06-13-2011, 08:03 PM.

So his rich brother raised him?

Comment

Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, Mika Brzezinski and Rachel Maddow are remotely close to being centrists or have the tiniest degree of objectivity.
      Somebody said they were centrists?

No wait...

Those people are not just left wingers but RADICAL left wingers. I'm a centrist and I despise them as much as any radical islamicist or far right brain dead christian evangelist. They are bad people, liars and enemies of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by REYNA LOC View Post
        So his rich brother raised him?
        His parents were mega rich and as kids Jon and Congressman Weiner used to hang out at their beach house comparing cokk sizes apparently.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=484548

Comment

Wait, so you're calling Stewart a hypocrit because of his brother? So if my sister goes on a killing spree, I too, am a murderer?

Comment

I automatically tune out people who think in terms of left/right dem/repub, lib/conn. Its all pro wrestling JJ, dont hurt your head on this stuff.
            Last edited by Joeyzagz; 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              Wait, so you're calling Stewart a hypocrit because of his brother? So if my sister goes on a killing spree, I too, am a murderer?
              Why don't you try reading all of my opening post or watching the video before commenting?

***waits to see if you have a confirmation bias, the reading comprehension of an insect, or are too loony left to notice Stewart's hypocrisy.***

Edit: BTW, I never said his brother was a bad guy. I don't know him and don't make negative judgements of people based on how much money they make or whether they work on Wall Street or for a large corporation. But I do think people are idiotic who do.
              Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 06-13-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I don't mind Jon Stewart so much. He's obviously left, but he's a moderate left.

And while I do find Stewart and Maher to be funny most of the time, Stewart's and Maher's respective audiences annoy me to end though, because they're comprised of mostly partisan hacks who think Obama can do no wrong, even if he continues to do what Bush did (suspension of civil liberties, destruction of the dollar, unending search of foreign dragons to slay, etc.).

But I cannot stand Maddow, Olbermann, O'Reilly, Hannity, and all the other "pundits" who love to slam the opposing side but are pretty tepid regarding criticism of their team. Lawrence O'Donnell is the worst though.

Republicans and Democrats both suck, and neither one is sacrosanct.

Interesting video. I wonder how The Daily Show will respond.
                Last edited by vercingetorix3; 06-13-2011, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Jim, who do you follow, watch, listen to for news? I'm just curious.

Comment

The difference is that Jon Stewart is on a comedy show while the clowns and comedians on the political right in America label themselves "news".

Comment

Working...
                    X