Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Didn't Ali Give George Foreman a Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were plenty of rumours of a rematch and I believe it was scheduled or planned around '76 or '75.

Ali was there for his 5 fights in one night debacle,and foreman looked absolutely horrendous. It was a freakshow.

Some rumours say Ali demanded Dick Saddler would be in Foreman's corner etc.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      I'm not talking about after Ali vs Frazier.....I'm of course talking about Foreman's second win over Frazier. Foreman came back and KO'd both Lyle and Frazier in 76, right? During that time the talk of a rematch would've been wonderful and made perfectly sense and definitely not a pointless fight.
      Lmao so that 6 month period is all Foreman had to take Ali fight? I dont think you know what you are talking about and just saying rnadom thoughts with no basis. When Foreman beat Frazier second time, Ali was training for the Norton fight. After Ali-Norton 3, Foreman retired 4 months after when he lost to Young. No it wouldnt of made sense, just stop with your trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
        You're delusional though.

Foreman took a piece of Ali. In a rematch he would be uniquely motivated to avenge his first loss. George would have a special motivation against Ali, he wouldn't fight like how he did against Ron Lyle or Jimmy Young. He would hone his brutal offence and punish Ali until he KO's him late.
        Foreman didnt have the stamina to KO anyone late

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          You had to absolutely dominate Ali to have hopes off getting a split decision in those days. Norton and Young both beat him.
          Norton fight maybe, but Ali beat Young convincingly

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
            Norton fight maybe, but Ali beat Young convincingly
            Ill watch it again. That was an ugly one tho. Lol.

Comment

He knocked Foreman out and probably pissed blood for days to get that result.

Can you blame him?

Who else knocked Foreman out? Nobody, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                A focused Foreman with an improved strategy KO's Ali.
                He was not capable of it in his absolute prime. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  Foreman had six more fights after his loss to Ali before decided to leave boxing for ten years but did Foreman ask for a rematch during this time? It was such a big upset I'd think many people would love to see them fight again and demand a rematch.
                  hl iiiooooookkj kg ffffffhjklllknbvv ttc vjjjk;bbnlllo998765reer tu 8HbS dfg cb nnnnnnnkiil

.nkii88iopo99 outré 3par et les yhfddfhjytrt7u vcf--";*(¥¥******¥99¥(¥¥¥9*****₩0/=#!+×5^;^_€€£££9¥¥₩9866544;6778I I

Comment

Why should he have??? he knocked him out after Foreman didnt land much

Comment

The guy who was due a rematch was Jimmy Young. I got Jimmy beating Ali, Foreman, Norton and Shavers.

Comment

Working...
                      X