Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be able to raise a child with Down's Syndrome?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy question, its a yes I work with special needs and adults and love these guys I couldn't imagine not loving my own

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      regularly debating and owning 80'sDoStew!, who just so happens to have downs AND is a gay, I could not have that in the same house as me. Call me crazy
      Declaring you've owned someone doesn't qualify as actually doing it Tonto, Hey Ya Hey Ya Hey Ya No!

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        If it's something you can detect in the womb?
        Originally posted by BTL View Post
        you can, but in doing so its kinda dangerous.
        It actually is not so dangerous anymore. They have a way of doing that can have some risks but it is relatively safe. It is called amniocentesis where they take a sample of the amniotic fluid and test it for chromosome abnormalities.
        They now do it for a lot of pregnancies when the mother is over 35-40 where the risk is higher.

Been there, done that....

Comment

With a downs you could send him out to steal stuff and they wouldn't be able to prosecute him because of his limited understanding. Then you could sell all the stuff he bought home on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            ye. it wouldn't be easy, but i'd step up.

my father's twin sister had complications at birth. she wasn't breathing right when she was born, IIRC. it really doesn't matter anyway how she became disabled. she's 67, and has always lived this way.

she never developed mentally beyond an 8 or 10 year old, and she has a slew of health complications, including epilepsy and diabetes. being mentally disabled is a dynamic phenomenon, but that's the best way i can describe her disabilities. she can never live on her own. she has a low enough IQ to qualify for state and federal assistance that we mostly for programs to better her life. she's got a personality and feelings, the same way anybody else would. she loves my family, and especially my father. they're twins, after all.

being around her from an early point in my life has really helped to put things into perspective, and helped me grow as a man.
            Thats great a story man.

Comment

Originally posted by Renal Colic
              With a downs you could send him out to steal stuff and they wouldn't be able to prosecute him because of his limited understanding. Then you could sell all the stuff he bought home on ebay.
              I'd train those critters to pull off a heist.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                wait... did ts just say ****sexualty is similar to mental ******ation?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                He's right.

Comment

we all know now in days you're able to tell if there's something abnormal with the fetus so basically you'll be and to decide what you want to do, I personally wouldn't bring a sick baby into this world

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                    we all know now in days you're able to tell if there's something abnormal with the fetus so basically you'll be and to decide what you want to do, I personally wouldn't bring a sick baby into this world

are you going to cotto - martinez?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      are you going to cotto - martinez?
                      Yes sir!!!

dropped a G on tickets for me and my wife
                      Last edited by -jose-; 03-17-2014, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X