No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuriorkis Gamboa: Bradley Fight is Not Going To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    No surprise. But I'm glad Yuri came out and stated this clearly without causing any further unnecessary speculation.
    true, everyday i was hoping for some news

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
      bradley is chicken shit, a former jww just 1 fight ago not willing to come close to his natural weight says a lot. not to mention the insignificant power bradley has, no way he defeats gamboa at any weight
      true that the guy wouldnt even do 143 what a lame.

Comment

good for him for calling bs on that fight. He should really go after Mikey Garcia now, that's the best fight at the moment.

Comment

Bradley should've taken the Peterson fight to stay active , now all he gets are bad options. I Gamboa is talented, but there is no money in that and it is a mismatch. I don't know who 50 has over there as a match maker, but he needs a new one. The suggestions of Gamboa vs Broner or Bradley were ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
            Bradley should've taken the Peterson fight to stay active , now all he gets are bad options. I Gamboa is talented, but there is no money in that and it is a mismatch. I don't know who 50 has over there as a match maker, but he needs a new one. The suggestions of Gamboa vs Broner or Bradley were ridiculous.
            i think he is working with the guy from warriors boxing

Comment

Bradley is dangerously approaching Winky Wright territory. For some reason, this cat actually thinks there's great anticipation for his fights. When is he gonna realize that no one gives a **** whether he fights or not. And the longer he sits around and waits, the lesser of a draw he's gonna become. He could create some waves by calling out and fighting Matthysse. I'm sure Lucas could be ready in March. He wasn't exactly in a war last night.

As for Gamboa, he should go ahead and make the Mikey Garcia fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Bradley is dangerously approaching Winky Wright territory. For some reason, this cat actually thinks there's great anticipation for his fights. When is he gonna realize that no one gives a **** whether he fights or not. And the longer he sits around and waits, the lesser of a draw he's gonna become. He could create some waves by calling out and fighting Matthysse. I'm sure Lucas could be ready in March. He wasn't exactly in a war last night.

As for Gamboa, he should go ahead and make the Mikey Garcia fight.
                I actually love both fights mentioned...Bradley vs Matt's(but it would have to be at 147lb)and Gamboa vs Garcia,the weight might be an issue here as well tho...

Comment

Bradley vs, Jessie Vargas..........BAM, problem solved, both WW, both TR.......get it done. Additionally, the comparison between Winky Wright and Bradley, really? Winky was near 40 and fought 2 times in like 6 years, Bradley isn't anywhere near that level of inactivity, he fought 7 months ago.

Comment

Gamboa vs Broner in May.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                      Gamboa vs Broner in May.
                      From a financial standpoint, Broner is probably the biggest fight out there for Gamboa. I would think that HBO would likely make this Broner's PPV debut. And I'd expect the fight to do about as well as Floyd's PPV debut against Gatti. Problem is, this is as big a mismatch as Floyd-Gatti was. Broner does everything better than Gamboa. The only edge Gamboa would have is speed, and that is barely. It is very obvious that a supreme counterpuncher is gonna be Gamboa's undoing. Putting him in with a supreme counterpuncher, who dwarfs him, is defensively above average, eight years younger, and will likely be the hardest puncher he's ever faced isn't what I'd call a good business move. Broner would destroy Gamboa, probably inside six rounds. And it would be the kinda dismantling that could shatter the cuban's confidence. And for a supremely confident fighter like Gamboa, could be a career killer.

Comment

Working...
                      X