Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is a freak of nature and not much else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just because a fighter isn't a textbook fundamentalist doesn't mean he isn't skilled

Maidana is far from textbook but can you honestly say that Victor Ortiz got torn apart by a fighter with 'no skills'?

or how about Aaron Pryor? not the 'textbook' fighter but you're gonna sit there and say the man had no skills?

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      btw why r u supporting sneijder? not really impressed with the guy even though he scored twice vs brazil, elija does a much better job and has proven it
      I'm the best player in the tournament so far. Hataz gone hate. :grill:
      Originally posted by Morales_ View Post
      Yes Pacquiao might not be as technically skilled as Judah.

But Pacquiaos the better fighter plain and simple.
      That's not my point!

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        just because a fighter isn't a textbook fundamentalist doesn't mean he isn't skilled

Maidana is far from textbook but can you honestly say that Victor Ortiz got torn apart by a fighter with 'no skills'?

or how about Aaron Pryor? not the 'textbook' fighter but you're gonna sit there and say the man had no skills?
        Well maybe not "No skill" but far from and abundance of skill, Ortiz is far more skilled than him and lost.

The most technically skilled fighters don't always win.

Comment

Originally posted by We$ley View Post
          I'm the best player in the tournament so far. Hataz gone hate. :grill:
          sneijder used to be really good but right now pandas just not impressed

pandas dutch lol, panda cant be a hater they would make a rug out of me

robben is the most dedicated player in the team and possibly the best footballer too

holland is colored in orange right now its like a national parade everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post

First of all, I never said Pac "has no skills".

Second of all, sometimes skills alone won't win you fights look at Carl Froch.

My point is, Pacquiao has won just about all his fights relying on his physical capabilities, which are a class above most fighters. People need to start seeing this.

Can you honestly say Pacquiao ever beat someone by putting on a Boxing clinic? Hell no and he never will. What's going to happen when his reflexes start to slow down or when his handspeed will start to fade? He's going to get owned, he doesn't really have the skills necessary to outbox someone at the elite level.

Comment

My point is, Pacquiao has won just about all his fights relying on his physical capabilities, which are a class above most fighters. People need to start seeing this.

Can you honestly say Pacquiao ever beat someone by putting on a Boxing clinic? Hell no and he never will. What's going to happen when his reflexes start to slow down or when his handspeed will start to fade? He's going to get owned, he doesn't really have the skills necessary to outbox someone at the elite level.
              Id Green A-Z you right about now.

Comment

If Pac is highly skilled.

So is Paul Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                  sneijder used to be really good but right now pandas just not impressed

pandas dutch lol, panda cant be a hater they would make a rug out of me

robben is the most dedicated player in the team and possibly the best footballer too

holland is colored in orange right now its like a national parade everywhere
                  I'm Batman and Robben is...Robin.

I'm getting better in each game, I will peak in the finals.

Hup Holland Hup!!

Comment

actually, you did...my first post was quoting the 'gist' of this thread's premise

some would consider physical ability as skills...some people need to start seeing this...skills extends beyond basic boxing fundamentals

define boxing clinic...if you're talkin about pot-shotting and shying away from engages then yes, PAC will never put on a boxing clinic

if you're talkin about one-sided beatdowns which some would consider boxing clinics, then yes, he's put on plenty of those

and some would even say that an unmotivated, sub-conditioned PAC used whatever 'lil basic skills' he had to outbox MAB in the rematch

Comment

great post! I agree

Comment

Working...
                      X