Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would Floyd be PPV wise if he didn't talk trash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would Floyd be PPV wise if he didn't talk trash?

Pacquiao and Cotto proved you don't need to run your mouth to sell a fight. ****, Pac went on the aire on Jimmey Kimmel to say he respected Cotto and that he's a good champion. People bought their fight because of the way they both fight and also Pac's rising popularity based on his recent accomplishments. Now I ask, where the hell would Floyd sit PPV selling wise if he didn't run his big mouth trashing talking his opponents and playing the villain? I think after the Oscar fight, people still wouldn't know who he is.

I was going to make a similar thread. If he has the personality of Cotto/Pacquiao with his same boring style imo he'd be the next Cory Spinks with power. He would draw no interest from the public.

Comment

another ppv/money/fame Mayweather and Pacquiao thread

Comment

this is a hilarious quandry. basically, when floyd was this person, none of you cared, and he also couldnt get big fights. some of you even have the nerve to say that if PBF was back to being humble and nice and not talking trash, youd be a fan of his. which is an obviously lie, since before he ran his mouth, most of you didint even know who he was.

Comment

Mayweather was very humble in his earlier 130 days. Didn't work out too well.

Comment

i think that about 50% if not more, of the people buying just want to see him on the canvas...so no he would have made as much

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              Pacquiao and Cotto proved you don't need to run your mouth to sell a fight. ****, Pac went on the aire on Jimmey Kimmel to say he respected Cotto and that he's a good champion. People bought their fight because of the way they both fight and also Pac's rising popularity based on his recent accomplishments. Now I ask, where the hell would Floyd sit PPV selling wise if he didn't run his big mouth trashing talking his opponents and playing the villain? I think after the Oscar fight, people still wouldn't know who he is.
              honestly he'd be nowhere and no one would want to fight him or see him fight....this is the MAIN REASON he started talking trash. at the lower weight no one want to fight him because he was a high risk/low reward, ask mosley. who was the last "nice guy" defense first african-american fighter that was actually a big draw?

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                If Pac or Cotto had a personality, this fight would have possibly eclipsed 2 million buys.

Comment

I've been trying to say this all along...remeber the Black American fighter appreciation thread. Every other fighter has an entire country behind them.

Comment

This is a stupid question. Its not about if he did this or that, would he be a star. Its about, are you being yourself and I think he is. Therefore the question doesnt make sense. Thats like saying that people think Floyd is doing this just to sell fights. He's not. No doubt he is a great salesman but he's also a hip hop cat who really does like money and to live flashy. Thats him. His family has always been talkers. Its them. Its like youre saying if he was Pac or Cotto. What if Pac & Cotto were Floyd? Would they be the stars they are? Hell NO. Its not just about talking, its about being you. Hopkins, Toney, and many other guys talk mad smack but dont have half the fame Floyd does. Dont act like its the only reason why he sales and dont act like its not real. It is

Comment

Working...
                    X