No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev vs. Ward T-Mobile Arena Ticket Information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
    lol @ 14 replies. If this was about Ward allegedly stalling, it would be 200 closet racist bashing. SMH
    Because the fight is happening, and that's what's supposed to happen. No one is going to celebrate the fight announcement when the best are supposed to fight the best and we waited a year already. But when it looked like Ward might duck, you absolutely complain because ducking is not supposed to happen, and it ruins the sport.

It's like if your math teacher punches you in the face every day after class, but then one day he doesn't punch you in the face. Are you supposed to throw a parade? He wasn't supposed to punch you in the face in the first place.

It's the same with boxing. The best are supposed to fight the best. It's a great fight. I'm happy it's supposedly going to happen now. We'll know for sure November 19. The reason there's so many more comments in those other threads is because people are upset that boxing punches them in the face much more often than it actually delivers what it's supposed to. Every other time weird **** happens in negotiations, the fight usually falls apart. Look at the first few May-Pac negotiations, Kovalev-Stevenson that was being negotiated then Stevenson signed with Haymon mid-negotiation, and they still said it wouldn't affect the negotiations, but they lied and it did. Or do you not remember all the times this happened and the people complaining were 100% right?

So when fans hear about news of more bs happening in negotiations, they are used to boxing disappointing them, so they complain. It has nothing to do with race at all. I guess you forgot all the May-Pac negotiatons, Kovalev-Stevenson, the last minute Maidana gloves bull**** that made the fights pointless and ruined the matchup since all he had over Floyd was his power and Floyd took that away from him before the opening bell, or the million other examples lol? Canelo saying he would fight GGG, and everyone saying "it sounds like he gonna do it! You can't criticize him until he officially ducks!' And then guess what, he officially ducked lol.

I mean **** that just happened, but you already forgot lol? So fine, out of the last 10 times negotiations got in trouble, and we complained, we were only right 9 times, and the fight only fell apart 9 times out of 10. Meanwhile you guys that are always defending the duckers saying "he won't duck! How dare you criticize!" were right once, and wrong the other 9 times. I'd rather be right 90% of the time, than 10% of the time, no?
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 08-28-2016, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

So when fans hear about news of more bs happening in negotiations, they are used to boxing disappointing them, so they complain. It has nothing to do with race at all.

When I read sh.t like this, I just stop reading the rest. It reminds me of the racist white guy saying he's not racist because he's got a black friend. Or better yet those white pretenders who claim racism really doesn't exist in this country and that most Blacks just have victim-hood mentality. But now that we got to see trump rallies nation wide I guess that "racism doesn't exist" notion can no longer be used.

But back to your point, if u really believe that its disappointment rather than racism that's fueling most of these posters to quickly claim these fighters are ducksters, then why is it mostly the minority fighters that they say it about 95% of the time? Why was Stevenson blamed for signing with Haymon and no blame to Kov after Kathy walks away form the purse bid ? Why do racist baffoons still pretend that Ward ducked ggg when it was clear that ggg ducked him ? Why is Canelo deemed a coward for not moving up to 160 to fight ggg when ggg didn't wanna move up to 168 to fight Ward ? This list goes on and on and on. These racist double standards are the the worst !
      Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 08-28-2016, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Good to hear Ward pay this type of respect to Sergey. There is mutual respect and that's how great fighters should conduct themselves.
        People always think of Kovalev as this disrespectful person, but he's only outwardly disrespectful to people who act that way to him or fighters that duck him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          People always think of Kovalev as this disrespectful person, but he's only outwardly disrespectful to people who act that way to him or fighters that duck him.
          ... it's said that Kovalev made a friend of B-Hop, who taught him about healthy diet...

Comment

... One may find the most complete article related to this issue on The Ring magazine website...

http://r i n g t v . c r a v e online.com/news/434089-tickets-for-sergey-kovalev-andre-ward-on-sale-on-friday-sept-2

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post

When I read sh.t like this, I just stop reading the rest. It reminds me of the racist white guy saying he's not racist because he's got a black friend. Or better yet those white pretenders who claim racism really doesn't exist in this country and that most Blacks just have victim-hood mentality. But now that we got to see trump rallies nation wide I guess that "racism doesn't exist" notion can no longer be used.

But back to your point, if u really believe that its disappointment rather than racism that's fueling most of these posters to quickly claim these fighters are ducksters, then why is it mostly the minority fighters that they say it about 95% of the time? Why was Stevenson blamed for signing with Haymon and no blame to Kov after Kathy walks away form the purse bid ? Why do racist baffoons still pretend that Ward ducked ggg when it was clear that ggg ducked him ? Why is Canelo deemed a coward for not moving up to 160 to fight ggg when ggg didn't wanna move up to 168 to fight Ward ? This list goes on and on and on. These racist double standards are the the worst !
              Great post. Nothing but the truth right there.

I've given out too much karma in the past 24 hours but I'll green K you next time I can.

Comment

For the guys still believing this fight isn't happening despite more & more proof it is happening I'm selling "Andre Ward is scared of Kovalev" hats & tshirts at DenyingReality.com.

Comment

Finally.I expect Ward to win a wide UD. #kovalevsloadedwraps! He didn't look special against Chilemba at all.People go on about how Chilemba is a crafty/wiley fighter who's hard to look good against,if Kovalev was that good he would of fought a better fight!

Isn't that what GGG does!The goodboy maker always puts on a show,always,regardless of what type of opponents he faces!

*sitting waiting for Kovalev to get busted.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Indeed. He was brought up to respect other people, so this notion that he's some bigot thug is mistaken. As I said, we see mutual respect between Ward and Kovalev and this is how it should be. There's no need for trash talk either as this is a fight that sells itself, at least to genuine fans. They will have to do some marketing for the casual crowd I suppose, as Ward isn't some Mayweather and Kovalev might be relatively unknown to the US public too. But they have promoters for that job.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                      Finally.I expect Ward to win a wide UD. #kovalevsloadedwraps! He didn't look special against Chilemba at all.People go on about how Chilemba is a crafty/wiley fighter who's hard to look good against,if Kovalev was that good he would of fought a better fight!

Isn't that what GGG does!The goodboy maker always puts on a show,always,regardless of what type of opponents he faces!

*sitting waiting for Kovalev to get busted.
                      You gotta admit though, it's a pretty even fight, even on paper.

Comment

Working...
                      X