No announcement yet.

Who do you see dethroning King Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by English Lion View Post
    Andre Ward schools Kovalev...doesn't lose a round.
    Yes If wrestling and headbutting is allowed but I'm sure Kathy Duva will make sure we have a lenient rule obeying referee for this.

Comment

I'd say ward. Kov is ridiculously powerful and technically sound, but predictable. Don't forget a 50 year old b hop went 12 with him and b hops body frame is smaller than Ward's. And I believe that ward is far and away the quicker and more skilled boxer, so yeah ward.

Comment

I would say Beterbiev but obviously that's a hopeful prediction because he hasn't even really stepped up at all yet in his competition. I know he beat Kov in the amateurs and while I guess that makes the case for him even stronger, I don't think an amateur win automatically means a pro win is coming...the pro game is a whole different a animal.

I could see Ward beating him but currently I'm leaning towards picking Kov to win. At the moment I'd say I'm 60/40 in favor of Kov winning. Should be a great fight.

Comment

GGG if he moves up that much in weight. A super fight between two undefeated monsters like GGG and Kovalev would be a boss fight in 2-3 years.

Comment

Beterbeiv. Same kind of crushing power, deeper amateur background.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Right now at 175 I think the most likely is Artur Beterbiev. I think Stevenson's chances are being severely underrated also, but I'd favor Kovalev vs him. So its either a dethroning by Beterbiev (#1 option) or Stevenson (#2 option) at 175 or I think one of the elite 200lbers beats him (#3 option) if he moves up in the next couple years or less.
              Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Oh **** I forgot about Ward being in play apparently. Personally I don't see that fight happening. I tend to think Ward sticks to 168 for awhile, but yea I'd throw Ward as a possible dethroner of Kov if that fight were to be made.
              Interesting to see your own opinions 10 months later when they've changed. Now I got a 5quint bet (or more, I forget) that Ward vs Kov takes place this year & its unofficially penciled in for Nov. 19.

Right now I got Ward #1 for dethroning Kov. Beterbiev #2. And #3 is Stevenson who while I wouldn't favor him over Kov like I would Ward & Beterbiev I think he has a solid chance for an upset.

Comment

Only Usyk can beat him

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                  I'd say ward. Kov is ridiculously powerful and technically sound, but predictable. Don't forget a 50 year old b hop went 12 with him and b hops body frame is smaller than Ward's. And I believe that ward is far and away the quicker and more skilled boxer, so yeah ward.
                  That doesn't mean anything. Kovalev won 11 of the 12 rounds by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post

Even though, you're right about Ward and Kovalev being predictable, I have to add somethhing to your comment

I think Kovalev didn't KO Bernard because there was no game plan on being agressive to not end up in some B Hop's trap, the plan was to actually outbox him and that was a smart thing to do. Considering that, I doubt he'd KO Bernard even if he tried, but he wasn't trying to go for a KO in the first place

Plus, if Kovalev KO'd B Hop some people would be saying this euro robot don't have no stamina to box for 12 rounds. People was questioning Kovalev's stamina before the fight with Hopkins and that fight silenced all that ****. Since the fight went distance, the same people who were questioning his stamina say that Kovalev is "not that strong because he couldn't KO 50 y.o guy" now while forgetting that B Hop got one of the most solid chins in boxing. Having full 12 round fight with a HOF'er like Hopkins is better boxing experience than fights with some bums who gets KO'd in the first 2-3 rounds
                    Last edited by g27region; 05-12-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
                      I would say Beterbiev but obviously that's a hopeful prediction because he hasn't even really stepped up at all yet in his competition. I know he beat Kov in the amateurs and while I guess that makes the case for him even stronger, I don't think an amateur win automatically means a pro win is coming...the pro game is a whole different a animal.

I could see Ward beating him but currently I'm leaning towards picking Kov to win. At the moment I'd say I'm 60/40 in favor of Kov winning. Should be a great fight.
                      Kovalev claims he was robbed against Beatyourbeef, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X