Prenup Left Arturo Gatti's Wife Nothing in the Event of Divorce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I totally agree.

I hate to throw any more suspicion on Gatti's widow, since she's been found (at least for now) innocent of wrongdoing in Arturo's demise. But Rodrigues really has to remain a prime suspect in Gatti's death. (If you want to call it murder, well that's just fine with me.) All these little tidbits about Gatti and Rodrigues's relationship only add fuel to the fire, if you ask me.

A man's death is in question by at least one group of investigators. The case must be looked at again more closely. As far as I'm concerned, the Brazilian authorities are letting their egos (or something else more sinister) get in the way of the truth.
    I appreciate the update and the convo but man... this is really depressing news.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHLOC View Post
      Fighting for his monies only makes her look worse.
      I agree.

Amanda Rodrigues is 25 years old. She met Gatti in 2006, when she was nineteen (he was 33). They dated for a year and got married thereafter. Arturo died in July 2009. That means they were married for about two years.

Rodrigues recently rejected a judge's suggestion to reach a settlement with Gatti's family concerning Arturo's estate. Now, I ask you: Why would this young woman, who was briefly married to Gatti, decline to compromise on $3.4 million? Does she really need all of it? Does she think that being married to the man for two years somehow entitles her to all of his fortune and his mother, who bore him, deserves none of it?

"I know I was not a perfect wife. I could have been better, I did a lot of bad things," a tearful Rodrigues said during recent court testimony. Yeah...makes you wonder just how bad she really was....

Comment

Getting married is as dangerous as boxing or worse!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
          Anyone with a bit sense knows she done it. How the fcuk she has got away with it for this long is beyond me
          BrZil my friend....brazil

Comment

So the greedy Brazilian killed him. Women can make you or destroy you, a fact of life.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPERRO View Post
              BrZil my friend....brazil
              yep, she sucked a few dicks and was let go

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                As reported by the Associated Press:

MONTREAL -- A prenuptial agreement would have left boxer Arturo Gatti's wife nothing -- not even alimony -- in the case of divorce.

A court heard Thursday that Gatti had insisted on the prenuptial agreement. He later tore up a copy of the agreement in a demonstration of love for his wife, but the original document was still valid.

Gatti's widow, Amanda Rodrigues, is in a court battle with the late boxer's family over his estate. Gatti's family doesn't believe Brazilian authorities' conclusion that he committed suicide.

The court heard that one week after Gatti tore up a copy of the prenuptial agreement, he contacted his law firm to ensure the original copy was still intact.

A secretary at lawyer John Lynch's firm testified that Gatti called and asked that a copy of the contract be sent to a Montreal lawyer he'd consulted for a divorce from Rodrigues in May 2009.

The couple took a vacation together, and the 37-year-old Gatti was found dead at a Brazilian seaside resort in July 2009.
                That would have never worked. Gatti committed domestic abuse. That would have invalidated the pre-nup.

She would have gotten money no matter what.

Even Saul Goodman would have gotten her paid.

Comment

This is just terrible. I miss Gatti. RIP

Comment

The way she went about it was the equivalent of buying an insurance policy the day before you commit the deed.

Comment

Wow a lot of **** coming out that points at the wife but we still haven't heard anything from the other side yet.

A pre-nup is only valid for divorce, gatti signed a will that on his death she gets the money. Death and divorce 2 diff things.

No way someone with the heart of gatti commits suicide I refuse to believe it even if it was the truth

Comment

Working...
                      X