Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got done watching Mayweather-Cotto.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TedMosby0311 View Post
    Or maybe because Cotto is a veteran who forced Floyd to fight his fight for a majority of the rounds?

Floyd is always safety first. Don't kid yourself to think he did it "for the fans"
    So you really think that Floyd approached the fight against Cotto, Ortiz and Mosley the same way he approached the fight against Guerrero, Alvarez ?!

And btw I dont want to take away credit from Cotto, he fought a hell of a fight against Floyd and his jab was sharp as ****

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      who is "the reed"? and no one in their right mind believes that floyd is naturally bigger cotto.
      Why not? Cotto isn't a natural 154 pound fighter. He only moved up because he foughy everyone at 147 and was beat down by Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
        who is "the reed"? and no one in their right mind believes that floyd is naturally bigger cotto.
        You just said Cotto is 'bigger' which isn't actually true.

Look through the treads here. The title is If Cotto somehow beats Martinez.

Comment

Or maybe because Cotto is a veteran who forced Floyd to fight his fight for a majority of the rounds?

Floyd is always safety first. Don't kid yourself to think he did it "for the fans"
          floyd is safety first but he took waaaaaaaaaay more risk in the cotto fight then i've ever seen him take since he fought chavez at 130.....you can not deny that. Senior would've definitely had floyd dancing a lot more throughout the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Why not? Cotto isn't a natural 154 pound fighter. He only moved up because he foughy everyone at 147 and was beat down by Pac.
            Cotto say's he can't make 147 though.

Perhaps he's lying but I can't seem to see the logic if he is.

Comment

You just said Cotto is 'bigger' which isn't actually true.

Look through the treads here. The title is If Cotto somehow beats Martinez.
              He is bigger though Clearly.

Obviously he's not overly larger but he's clearly the larger of the two men.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                So you really think that Floyd approached the fight against Cotto, Ortiz and Mosley the same way he approached the fight against Guerrero, Alvarez ?!

And btw I dont want to take away credit from Cotto, he fought a hell of a fight against Floyd and his jab was sharp as ****
                I think that Floyd possibly under estimed Cotto. I don't think he thought Cotto was going to drag him into such a rough fight, sure Floyd won rounds but some rounds were pretty close and in round 8 I believe Cotto really made Floyd work.

My issue with this topic is this; if Floyd was able to move at will he would have, he wouldn't fight Cotto like that for 10-11 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  he didn;t fight everyone at 147(pwill and floyd)......and yes cotto is naturally bigger than floyd. cotto was killing himself to make 140 and floyd started out at 130, when floyd moved up to lw he was being outweighed by 9lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    He is bigger though Clearly.

Obviously he's not overly larger but he's clearly the larger of the two men.
                    Actually tale of the tape had Floyd listed as 5'8 while Cotto was listed as 5'7

Comment

Cotto wasn't getting more than 3 rds no matter who trained who
                      frankly, was quite surprised he even won 3
                      was expecting a shutout or a TKO win for Floyd in that fight
                      Floyd showed that he'd slipped a bit in that fight
                      slowpoke Cotto had no business landing as much as he did on Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X