No announcement yet.

What is the meaning of life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no meaning to life.

Life just happened, organisms evolved and genes ensured the survival of certain species. Ultimately, we're dictated by these genes in every day life, every decision we make is because of them.

It just so happens that we're a life-form that can contemplate such questions and it creates great anxiety. Thus why religion is created and reasons are made as to why we exist.

We're not programmed to comprehend death either, thus the idea of an eternal life that seems oh so convenient. I think it's obvious when we look at religion now to see it was a stone age theory that helped comfort the people.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Try the reason for sentient existence.
      There's no reason or meaning, life forms just evolved and survived. We don't know how it started yet but there are some theorieshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Yes. It's not terribly uplifting though.
        Please share.

Comment

Scientists can't even begin to "fathom the magnitude of such a question" but you, perhaps the stupidest person on the entire internet, you have it all sorted. Is that about right for you?

Made me snort out my water

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            There's no reason or meaning, life forms just evolved and survived. We don't know how it started yet but there are some theorieshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
            Like I said in my opening post, science does not have the answers and probably never will.

Comment

Like I said in my opening post, science does not have the answers and probably never will.
              But I've just told you that life has no meaning in a scientific world.

It's probably news to you, but the world is scientific and not magical.

Comment

Please share.
                Life exists to facilitate the replication of long chain molecules. That is it. Pretty bleak, but we live in a bleak universe.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  There is no meaning to life.

Life just happened, organisms evolved and genes ensured the survival of certain species. Ultimately, we're dictated by these genes in every day life, every decision we make is because of them.

It just so happens that we're a life-form that can contemplate such questions and it creates great anxiety. Thus why religion is created and reasons are made as to why we exist.

We're not programmed to comprehend death either, thus the idea of an eternal life that seems oh so convenient. I think it's obvious when we look at religion now to see it was a stone age theory that helped comfort the people.

Just because science doesn't have an answer doesn't mean there is not one out there.

Why did life just happen? why has the universe created the right conditions for it? Why is there a universe? Why does anything exist at all?

Comment

Life exists to facilitate the replication of long chain molecules. That is it. Pretty bleak, but we live in a bleak universe.
                    Like I said in the opening post, not even anywhere close to the answer.

And this is the best science has got

Comment

Just because science doesn't have an answer doesn't mean there is not one out there.

Why did life just happen? why has the universe created the right conditions for it? Why is there a universe? Why does anything exist at all?
                      Why are you so convinced that there are valid alternatives to science?

Comment

Working...
                      X