Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirkland sues Golden Boy, trainers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so glad when this ******* dropped out of the canelo fight. I would of loved to see him on his ass , but he didnt deserve it in the first place.

This guy is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by PED Salesman View Post
      I don't think Kirkland is trying to get rid of Anne. He just wants out of the contract so that he could keep her in check as far as his career.

Anne has to call the shots in the gym and during the fight... and nowhere else. She can't go around telling James's opponent that he won the fight, just because SHE feels it's the right thing to say. He should be able to tell his own team, "Look, you do that again, and we're not working together anymore". He can't do that if he's stuck in a contract with her.

Kirkland just wants to control his corner, and I think that's fair.

As far as Golden Boy's concerned, he told them his arm didn't feel quite right yet, and they go and bash him publicly saying he's pricing himself out. It's too early to see how good TMT is going to be for any of those boxers, but who knows what they're being promised. Maybe there are some serious signing bonuses involved behind the scenes or something. If your own current promoter is badmouthing you through the media because you won't allow yourself to be a handicapped steppingstone for their superstar, why wouldn't you threaten to look elsewhere?
      Kirkland told Molina that too. And why not? It's not like she didn't spend the duration of each rest between rounds telling James he was getting his ass beat. Nothing wrong with a trainer being honest with her fighter and his opponent.

Roach has been damn near publicly admitting Pac lost to Marquez the last time, for example. Saying things like " I think they took it from manny because we took it from marquez. So it kind of evened out "

Comment

I just dont understand why boxers are willing to tie up a year of the prime of their in legal **** rather then fight and collect the money.

These guys need to be more careful with the contracts they sign and the people they surround themselves with. For the most part they only have a few years to make big money and losing any of it in court disputes hurts a lot. Especially since these guys usually have nothing to fall back on.

Comment

and why exactly is he suing his trainers for??

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            and why exactly is he suing his trainers for??
            It's a simple pretense to join up with Mayweather and 50 cent dumb asses.

Sad, he had Anne Wolfe, who lagitamately cared for him and took him in after he committed a crime and now he's going to Mayweather and throw his career down the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              It's a simple pretense to join up with Mayweather and 50 cent dumb asses.

Sad, he had Anne Wolfe, who lagitamately cared for him and took him in after he committed a crime and now he's going to Mayweather and throw his career down the toilet.

this dude BARELY brought his career back to life with the Angulo win and now he's gonna create his own roadblocks again

Comment

I'm done with Kirkland,f him

Comment

This is a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    Kirkland told Molina that too. And why not? It's not like she didn't spend the duration of each rest between rounds telling James he was getting his ass beat. Nothing wrong with a trainer being honest with her fighter and his opponent.

Roach has been damn near publicly admitting Pac lost to Marquez the last time, for example. Saying things like " I think they took it from manny because we took it from marquez. So it kind of evened out "
                    As a fan, I agree with you. I think fighters themselves should admit defeat when its a robbery.

But from a fighter's point of view, Molina doesn't pay Anne's check. If I were in James's place, I would be okay with Anne saying that. I personally admire Anne for being real about the fight result and giving props to the other fighter. But if that's not what James wants, it's his prerogative. He's risking his life for her paycheck, not the other way around. He should be able to control his own corner if he's the one paying for it.

That said, I didn't remember hearing James admit defeat too. If that's true, then maybe he's just making up an excuse to break out of the contract with Anne and Dunkin so that he can pay her on a fight by fight basis. They've had trouble before the Molina fight. Either way, James should dictate what he wants out of his corner.

Comment

Working...
                    X