Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If humans lived in the wild, would Fat people exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Can I ask you something Junior? Why the hell are you so obsessed with other peeps weight? :thinking9:

Poet

I ask myself that very same question.. it's weighing on my mind.

Comment

inb4 I hope not

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
        I ask myself that very same question.. it's weighing on my mind.
        Good comeback. Haha.

Comment

I'm talking about if people were in the wilderness.
          I think that many more people would die due to poor nutrition than they do today. Humans have a hundred million years of evolution behind them that was based on the fact that food was scarce. We've had the tiniest fraction of that in which enough food was produced on a regular basis to enable some individuals to overeat and an even tinier fraction of that in which in some countries high fat and high sugar foods have become easier to procure than lean meat and fruits and vegetables. We have been PRIMED to store fat because for most of our existence a tendency to store any excess of fat and sugar meant the difference between surviving and dying.

In other words you need to stop moralising over bodyweight.

Comment

No, because virtually everyone would be malnourished in one form or another. No different than how it was for most of human history until modern times.

Comment

I mean if we all had to hunt for our own food etc, would we still have fat people in the world?
              No humans are not meant to be fat and lazy. If humans lived in the wild the only fat people would be dead fat people.

Comment

how would they get fat in the first place? Only way they could do that is if they had skills in hunting and fishing so they could get excess food wothout much effert. Fishing involves sitting on your ass all day expending **** all energy. A good fisherman could easily get fat.

Likewise killing animals, set traps, go for a sleep, come back, bingo you've caught an animal.

We're not ****ing lions, we dont have to out run our food ffs
                Last edited by gingeralbino; 02-14-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                  how would they get fat in the first place? Only way they could do that is if they had skills in hunting and fishing. Ever been fishing, it involves sitting on your ass all day. A good fisherman could easily get fat
                  Some of them could hunt fish with spears, some still do in fact. It takes incredible skill. There was a series on the BBC a while back - I think it was called Human Planet. It showed some of the amazing things some people in the world still do, even now.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                    Some of them could hunt fish with spears, some still do in fact. It takes incredible skill. There was a series on the BBC a while back - I think it was called Human Planet. It showed some of the amazing things some people in the world still do, even now.
                    yeah i wasnt thinking about spear fishing, more using a rod of some description. But even still spear fishing requires timing and patience, u dont need to use up that much energy so a good fisherman could still get fat, and stay fat and survive the very best.

Comment

Obviously if you don't get enough food or enough variety, it will not be healthy. And for that reason, living in 'the wild' won't necessarily be a positive thing. But there's no doubt about the fact that junk, processed food is what makes people look like crap. If you take processed foods away and only eat healthy, organic food, you will look and feel a hell of a lot better.

Our ****ty diets are the main reason why six packs are so hard to get and/or maintain. You have to be exceptionally dedicated as we live in a world full of food that is rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                      X