Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they desperate to promote Pacquiao-Rios or what

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet they paid Kevin Hart an appearance fee to go to Rios' camp.

Comment

Originally posted by WouldYouKindly? View Post
      We can disregard Ronnie Nathanielz's constant nuthuggering and concern over every Pacquiao sparring session and what his S&C coach of the day had for breakfast since we see that every fight.

But I'm talking about the flood of pointless articles about 1) forced trash talk from Rios, and 2) desperate to convince the general public that Rios is a bigger threat to the great Manny Pacquiao than some turd coming off a loss against Mike flipping Alvarado. Even if you think stuff like that is typical fight promotion, you have to admit that the shill "reporters" for Top Rank (many of whom publish on this site) are going into overdrive in "reporting" these superfluous non-stories, even moreso than they have in the past...all so they can make sure to get that fight credential.

I'm not surprised. After all, this is a PPV asking for $75 of your money to watch two guys each coming off losses fight for what's left of their dignity...but damn, if I haven't rolled my eyes enough already seeing another "Rios talks tough" article here every time I refresh the page.
      Great post. I've been saying this very thing for the past month.

These people have no shame ripping the American public of their money. Anyone who buys that fight deserves it, though.

Comment

Just checked out the undercard.

Yeah.....No.

I'll be watching it. But I'm not paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
          I bet they paid Kevin Hart an appearance fee to go to Rios' camp.
          That's exactly what I thought and part of what prompted me to make this thread, I just forgot to mention it. Kevin Hart is a guy who has been paid in the past to be MC of weigh-ins. For Top Rank to be desperate enough to pay him to show up at the gym and pose for photo ops tells you the revenues for this fight might not creep past the break-even point.

Comment

Originally posted by WouldYouKindly? View Post
            That's exactly what I thought and part of what prompted me to make this thread, I just forgot to mention it. Kevin Hart is a guy who has been paid in the past to be MC of weigh-ins. For Top Rank to be desperate enough to pay him to show up at the gym and pose for photo ops tells you the revenues for this fight might not creep past the break-even point.
            Kevin hart is there to promote his new show. Nothing more

Comment

I agree that it seems standard for this kind of fight.

We talk a lot of **** here but any casual fan that has seen Brandon Rios fight before is already sold on this. It's going to be a good fight, how could it not be?

Nobody gave Margarito a chance against Manny either but that ended up being an entertaining match.

Brandon Rios is right that he's being counted out (threads like this prove it) so of course he's going to talk up that angle.

Comment

Working...
              X