Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Manny Pacquiao: What would a Pac win mean to Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Wasn't Broner the future king of boxing
    Did i ever say that i dont like broner i enjoyed maidana beating that azz so go make a another thunderdome thread about me ****

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      If anything the Maidana fights prove that Maidana is underrated and will handle anyone on any given night. Just because Floyd won and Broner lost doesn't mean both got largely the same treatment.

And Broners stock would rise if he beat Manny, but that would never happen outside of a lucky punch or Manny being ancient, the worst version of Manny beats the best version of Broner on a bad day.

'wraps, so you know who said it.
      No problem here bro

Comment

Originally posted by tyshun30 View Post
        Did i ever say that i dont like broner i enjoyed maidana beating that azz so go make a another thunderdome thread about me ****
        How was your jr cheeseburger? F*ggot

Comment

Originally posted by Pago007
          Broner vs Pac would be a good fight and i see broner picking off pac lunging in
          Maidana and pac have a totally different style
          Pac isnt a inside fighter nor does he ambush or bully his opponents

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It would prove Floyd was right to duck Pacquiao.

Smartest move Floyd made in his career, better than leaving Arum, signing with Showtime and anything else he has done.

If he took that fight, he would have taken a severe beating, his legacy of the 0 gone, his financial earning power halved if not quartered.

Would have been physically and mentally traumatised by the beating, could have developed health problems and gone on to suffer more defeats against mediocre opponents.

If Broner fights Pacquiao he gets the same. Floyd would find comfort in the Pacquiao win over Broner as he would know for sure he made the right decision by ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              It would prove Floyd was right to duck Pacquiao.

Smartest move Floyd made in his career, better than leaving Arum, signing with Showtime and anything else he has done.

If he took that fight, he would have taken a severe beating, his legacy of the 0 gone, his financial earning power halved if not quartered.

Would have been physically and mentally traumatised by the beating, could have developed health problems and gone on to suffer more defeats against mediocre opponents.

If Broner fights Pacquiao he gets the same. Floyd would find comfort in the Pacquiao win over Broner as he would know for sure he made the right decision by ducking.
              I think the demand for a PacMay bout would sky rocket even higher with a Manny victory over Broner. More pressure would be put on Floyd to step up to the plate. Ppl would say "see, Manny will fair well against Mayweather." Regardless of Broner's legitimacy, weather we think he's a fluke or not, everyone views him as Floyd protege thanks to his style and flashyness and his close relationship with "big bro". There's a reason Floyd has labeled him "lil brother." Those who feel Floyd wouldn't be watching closely at that bout are fooling themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Pago007 View Post
                Broner vs Pac would be a good fight and i see broner picking off pac lunging in
                Maidana and pac have a totally different style
                Pac isnt a inside fighter nor does he ambush or bully his opponents
                You know how difficult it is to time pac? Adrien broner isn't on that level

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Molinar View Post
                  Considering the fact that Floyd has stated that one of the determining factors that made him choose Maidana for his last fight came as a result of Chino's destruction of Broner. Would he be compelled to try and renegotiate a deal for a mega bout if Pacquiao is able to defeat Broner "if" such bout would ever take place. Have in mind, Broner has already called out Pac.
                  Mayweather chose Maidana because it was financially smart to go after a flawed fighter that just scored a huge win.

I'm not knocking Maidana as he is an A level fighter but he has been beaten before. The win over Broner gave Maidana leverage to get the fight.

If Mayweather fights Pacquiao it won't be because Broner lost to Pacquiao. It'll be because Floyd feels like the money will be worth it at the same time minimizing his risk.

Comment

Floyd: "I ain't never liked that n**** Broner anyway"

Comment

Working...
                    X