No announcement yet.

Why didnt Floyd ever fight Berto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didnt Floyd ever fight Berto?

Berto has been floating around the 147 division for some time now. Wondering id Floyd thought he was to much of a threat, and if so....Would he now fight Guerrero?

well if you recall it seems pretty obvious floyd was going to fight berto but then ortiz beat him down. Floyd was there in the crowd and prior he was highly praising berto. I'm sure he lost some money on berto that night as well.

Comment

I think for awhile Haymon didn't want it and rightfully so. But he was ready to make Berto/Ortiz winner vs Floyd. And obviously after this fight if Berto won big they would've looked at it.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        well if you recall it seems pretty obvious floyd was going to fight berto but then ortiz beat him down. Floyd was there in the crowd and prior he was highly praising berto. I'm sure he lost some money on berto that night as well.
        This ^^^

Same think with Pacquiao,, he ducked an undefeated Berto and chose to fight a 45 year old Mosley instead

Comment

Besides it being a waste of time and promotion, both are under the mighty Al Haymon.

Comment

Actually Pacquiao back in Late 2010/Early 2011 was the one rumored to be fighting Berto, but then he opted to fight Mosley for some reason.

But Floyd was supposedly trying to fight Berto, given he was at Ortiz-Berto and was highly praising Berto. But then Ortiz beat Berto down, and Floyd fought Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              Pretty much this.

Comment

Well as mentioned already, Ortiz ruined any plans of that (and won himself the Floyd sweepstakes). I'm not sure if Floyd would fight Guerrero now, but he did a good job at throwing his name around with Floyd this year, and more importantly made his presence be felt at welter (two solid wins). Now, Guerrero should try to line a fight with Alexander up, and if he's victorious, then I could see Floyd looking his way in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Well as mentioned already, Ortiz ruined any plans of that (and won himself the Floyd sweepstakes). I'm not sure if Floyd would fight Guerrero now, but he did a good job at throwing his name around with Floyd this year, and more importantly made his presence be felt at welter (two solid wins). Now, Guerrero should try to line a fight with Alexander up, and if he's victorious, then I could see Floyd looking his way in the future.
                  I'd like to see Guerrero fight Bradley, Matthysse, or Alexander next.

On a side note, I'd love to see Malignaggi-Maidana next for the spring. Maidana could take that title from Paulie and put his name out there for a big fight again.

Comment

Another thing is Berto was in no rush to take on the top guys
                    He could have fought Mosley a few times but opted out
                    He was never going to beat Mosley,Mayweather and Pacquiao but could have gotten a big payday

Comment

Working...
                    X