No announcement yet.

When was SRR at his very best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was SRR at his very best?

I hear over & over he is the G.O.A.T & sure he was one hell of a fighter, very advanced. Really good footwork. What is his best performance?

I've seen his fights vs LaMotta, Basillio, Fullmer, Olson & a fair few others

Straight up I don't think the guys as good as hes made out to be. Okay he knocks a guy out in 1 or 2 that has no defense or movement, he does the same in a rematch yet he fights him another half a dozen or so times?

When was his prime? What am I looking for?

I'm not saying he wasn't great or even an outstanding fighter, I simply want to see footage and I firmly believe many just say hes the best cause others do. If you asked them why they wouldn't have a fcuking clue.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I hear over & over he is the G.O.A.T & sure he was one hell of a fighter, very advanced. Really good footwork. What is his best performance?

I've seen his fights vs LaMotta, Basillio, Fullmer, Olson & a fair few others

Straight up I don't think the guys as good as hes made out to be. Okay he knocks a guy out in 1 or 2 that has no defense or movement, he does the same in a rematch yet he fights him another half a dozen or so times?

When was his prime? What am I looking for?

I'm not saying he wasn't great or even an outstanding fighter, I simply want to see footage and I firmly believe many just say hes the best cause others do. If you asked them why they wouldn't have a fcuking clue.

He fought a lot of great fighters and when it was time to dig down and pull out a win he could do it. When his prime was there he didn't lose to often unless he slacked off in training plus his ferocious knock out of fullmer his bear downs of lamata 5 time mw champion undefeated at ww while being the champ there to never really got beat to convincingly untill he was way past it he had great speed power and foot work and a chin fighter of the decade for the 50's and knocked out guys other people went life an death with so I'm guessing that's why that and his names cool👍

Comment

be prepared to get insulted and told you are a noob cause you questioned SRR

Comment

147 by all accounts was his prime, and there isn't a ton to watch of him there. His only loss there was to Jake LaMotta, who was a middleweight in the fight.

Comment

It's debatable, but his prime years were at Welterweight and some parts of Middleweight. He had big fights at both weights but a lot of the footage you'll see is during his Middleweight days where he was still great.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            It's debatable, but his prime years were at Welterweight and some parts of Middleweight. He had big fights at both weights but a lot of the footage you'll see is during his Middleweight days where he was still great.
            so how do you know his prime years were at ww if you dont even have footage to back it up?

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
              so how do you know his prime years were at ww if you dont even have footage to back it up?
              it doesnt take a rocket scientist to acknowledge his prime was at welterweight and before he was 29-30+ at middleweight after 100's of fights

Comment

Based on how he even fought as a Middleweight while being around 32 yrs old and fighting the competition he fought and how he performed, it's not that difficult to put together that those were his best years. He began taking losses later on in his career moving up and down from Middle to Light Heavy (mid to late 30s). As I mentioned it's debatable, but I don't think you need video footage of him as a Welterweight to see when he was at his peak being he'd beaten both Lomatta and Henry Armstrong at Welterweight and went to Middleweight beating guys like Graziano and Basilio alike.

Comment

Be prepared for Larry's wrath! If there's no video, it didn't happen!

Comment

how do you know there were dinosaurs if you dont have footage to back it up?

or the civil war?

Comment

Working...
                    X