No announcement yet.

Afro Samurai

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afro Samurai

What do you guys think of this show? Personally I havent been interested in anime since high school, but this is the ****.

Watched half the trailer, wasn't bothered to finish it. But looked good. Does it feature much training? I'm a big fan of training, wisdom, morals, etc in cartoons. So if it includes all those things then I'm IN.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
      Watched half the trailer, wasn't bothered to finish it. But looked good. Does it feature much training? I'm a big fan of training, wisdom, morals, etc in cartoons. So if it includes all those things then I'm IN.
      Not really training, but you see how he gets strong in flashbacks. Somebody killed his father- the number 1 fighter in the world, and so he becomes a demon of revenge to avenge his father get back the number 1 headband.

The thing about the number 1 headband is that nobody but the number 2 can challenge him, but anybody can challenge the number 2.

If you have the number 2 headband, you're always being challenged, you're always being attacked because everyone wants it to challenge the number 1. Basically if you have the number 1, You're king, and if you have the number 2, you have to kill everybody to get to the king.

The fact that he's a demon of revenge is what makes him so strong. Afro is ice cold.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-04-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
        Not really training, but you see how he gets strong in flashbacks. Somebody killed his father- the number 1 fighter in the world, and so he becomes a demon of revenge to avenge his father get back the number 1 headband.

The thing about the number 1 headband is that nobody but the number 2 can challenge him, but anybody can challenge the number 2.

If you have the number 2 headband, you're always being challenged, you're always being attacked because everyone wants it to challenge the number 1. Basically if you have the number 1, You're king, and if you have the number 2, you have to kill everybody to get to the king.

The fact that he's a dtnx be...emon of revenge is what makes him so strong. Afro is ice cold.
        this about sums it up...

to me, it was good but really that great... the sequel was also slightly inferior to the original IMO... it's ending has a bit of "kill bill" tinge into it (like when uma thurman said to the vivica fox's daughter after killing her mother...)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            That was the **** too. Although i like the japanese sub better than the dub. The American actors don't capture what the characters should sound like.

That show got me into Nujabes R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
              this about sums it up...

to me, it was good but really that great... the sequel was also slightly inferior to the original IMO... it's ending has a bit of "kill bill" tinge into it (like when uma thurman said to the vivica fox's daughter after killing her mother...)
              The movie was ight. But The show is a classic.

I want to post my favorite scenes on here but they're not on youtube.

Comment

Afro samurai is the $h!t. Although Jubie(spellcheck) is my atg fave samurai. Afro is a beast!

Comment

Working...
                X