Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson wants a rematch, Hopkins not interested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get in the ring Hopkins, you cherry picked Chad when you thought he was done, now you know he isn't, you don't want anymore of it lol

Comment

I've supported Hopkins in that fight rooting for him because I thought he was the less soft and boring of the both of these guys. Dawson and Hopkins are both proving me wrong. Hopkins looks like a panzie if he doesn't want the rematch. Dawson aint Antwun Echols I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
        Oh come on. Have the rematch.
        I agree. And I'm someone who thinks the "no contest" decision is fair and was rooting for Hopkins.

Make the fight happen, Hopkins.

I respect the man but I disagree with his stance on this one. He doesn't have anything to prove anymore, but how sweet it'd be if he went, "You know what? What the hell? I'll fight Dawson." then he whoops his ass and once again leaves the boxing world in awe.

Either way, Dawson shouldn't look at Hopkins as the only avenue of glory or money. He can still fight Pascal in a rematch and try to avenge his only loss.

I'm alright with either scenario, but I'd prefer seeing Hopkins/Dawson II with a definite result.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
          Get in the ring Hopkins, you cherry picked Chad when you thought he was done, now you know he isn't, you don't want anymore of it lol
          Dawson didn't want the rematch when he thought he was champ.

Now he wants it.

**** Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Dawson said no numerous times right after the fight.

Hopkins wanted a rematch.

Hopkins giving Chad a taste of his own medicine.
            Of course he said no. Trained his ass off and Bhop quit as soon as he felt pressured. Dawson had the belt. Why waste more time on a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle*Hardened View Post
              Of course he said no. Trained his ass off and Bhop quit as soon as he felt pressured. Dawson had the belt. Why waste more time on a rematch.
              Don't agree with the quit part.

But I give on the anger part.

But with all the sh$t talk on Hopkins about how Dawson would never give Hopkins a shot why would anyone think that Hopkins would give him another shot now.

Comment

I think the rematch needs to occur, pathetic ending and shameful for both, regardless of blame. I don't think Hopkins can win it though, and he himself may realize that. Probably on to Bute.

Comment

Now he wants it.

**** Chad.
                  I don't think he didn't want it out of worry tat he might lose, just he didn't think Hopkins deserved another chance with the way he thought he had faked injury.

I wouldn't mind seeing the rematch because I think Hopkins would be flattened in it and he knows it too.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                    I agree. And I'm someone who thinks the "no contest" decision is fair and was rooting for Hopkins.

Make the fight happen, Hopkins.

I respect the man but I disagree with his stance on this one. He doesn't have anything to prove anymore, but how sweet it'd be if he went, "You know what? What the hell? I'll fight Dawson." then he whoops his ass and once again leaves the boxing world in awe.

Either way, Dawson shouldn't look at Hopkins as the only avenue of glory or money. He can still fight Pascal in a rematch and try to avenge his only loss.

I'm alright with either scenario, but I'd prefer seeing Hopkins/Dawson II with a definite result.
                    I agree. I thought there should have been a rematch regardless of what the commission ruled. The fight wasn't long enough to really know what was gonna happen. There's definitely some unfinished business. They should both want the rematch.

Comment

Now he wants it.

**** Chad.
                      who you kiddin? about a week after the fight dawson said ok i'll have the rematch, hopkins said no

Comment

Working...
                      X