Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King22 View Post
    thats true and a good point but remember this is just my opioion
    That's fine Im just giving you more points of view so you can possibly expand your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
      Floyd's style wouldn't work well against Hearns. The people that beat him outfought him. Leonard tried Boxing him early but Tommy used his reach and was hitting Leonard with some solid shots (to Leonard's credit he had a hell of a chin). Tommy got worn down from 15 rounds of non stop punching from both sides. Fighting at that pace isn't Floyd's forte (at least at WW) and with Hearns you had to be active to keep him off of you.

As far as Hearns' chin, it wasn't so much that it was weak, he simply fought hard punchers. Both Leonard and Hagler when they both fought him were know to be hard punchers (more so Hagler). Floyd at WW hasn't really shown that he can let go and also adding the fact that Floyd's had issues with his hands, Im not sure his punches would have any real effect on Tommy.

Good fight, but I think it's a risk Floyd wouldn't take.
      you got some very good points and i agree you but i still just think that Floyd could take him

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        That's fine Im just giving you more points of view so you can possibly expand your opinion.
        i know and your right you right Hearns getting KO'd by MWs doesn't mean Floyd could KO him i agree

but i still think he would

Comment

Originally posted by King22 View Post
          you tryna school me i know about boxing i know who Tommy Hearns is I seen him fight before i dont need no video

he was good fighter no doubt he had a great jab but his right was his major weapon if that didn't work than Tommy was in trouble

and he kept he left hand to low Floyd straight right hand would come over that all day
          His jab had more to do with him winning the fight against SRL than his right hand.
          His jab was his major weapon his right hand was set up by his jab and his ability to keep you at a distance. his reach was that of a Heavy Weight (79)and he stood at 6'1" he also used every inch if his height and reach to his advantage. He might have carried his left low bu I don't think Floyd could get to him that easily with his reach of (72). You make it sound as if Hearns was just a GOOD fighter with a bad chin and one hand.....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
            His jab was his major weapon his right hand was set up by his jab and his ability to keep you at a distance. his reach was that of a Heavy Weight (79)and he stood at 6'1" he also used every inch if his height and reach to his advantage. He might have carried his left low bu I don't think Floyd could get to him that easily with his reach of (72). You make it sound as if Hearns was just a GOOD fighter with a bad chin and one hand.....Lefty
            Its not fair at all to compare that era of WWs against todays. Those were big guys who went on to win titles in higher weight divisions while todays are all fighters moving up from the lower weights. There are weight classes for a reason and this would be a fight that showed why.

Comment

Its not fair at all to compare that era of WWs against todays. Those were big guys who went on to win titles in higher weight divisions while todays are all fighters moving up from the lower weights. There are weight classes for a reason and this would be a fight that showed why.
              I was just about to say this. Mayweather gives up too much size to those guys. Tommy was a guy who started out as a ww and he's way too big for Floyd. This fight wouldn't be competitive. As I was saying in another thread a more even and interesting fight would be Floyd vs Roberto Duran

Comment

Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
                I was just about to say this. Mayweather gives up too much size to those guys. Tommy was a guy who started out as a ww and he's way too big for Floyd. This fight wouldn't be competitive. As I was saying in another thread a more even and interesting fight would be Floyd vs Roberto Duran
                Skils pay bills my friend and Floyd is loaded when it comes to skills. So to just dissmiss this to SIZE MATTERS is an easy way out. Sugar Ray Leonard was a WW who moved up from a lower weight class. He managed to deal with the bigger guys in his division. That is like saying oh any of the WW's shouldn't fight Paul Williams cause he is too big to tall...Lefty
                Last edited by LEFTYGUNZZ; 01-28-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Skils pay bills my friend and Floyd is loaded when it comes to skills. So to just dissmiss this to SIZE MATTERS is an easy way out. Sugar Ray Leonard was a WW who moved up from a lower weight class. He managed to deal with the bigger guys in his division. That is like saying oh any of the WW's shouldn't fight Paul Williams cause he is too big to tall...Lefty
                  But that is the reason they won't fight him. Skills can only take you so far up the ladder. At some point you need power. The difference between Mayweather and SRL is that SRL had power at ww while it seems as if Floyd hasn't been able to carry his power with him to 147. I can honestly see Hearns punching right through Mayweather's defense. Mayweather would have to win on points meaning he's going to have to be really active (something else I haven't seen from him at higher weights) and by being that active at some point he's going to get hit by the last ww you want to get hit by.

Comment

...how can you even compare Mayweather to SRL?...SRL fought the best that were available, the abolute best...every guy that Mayweather has ducked, SRL would fight...SRL would wipe the floor up with Mayweather...SRL took an ass beating in his win against Hearns, showing he was a true champion...when has Mayweather had to show any heart?...never...you guys have no clue as to what heart is...

Kabuki Joe

Comment

Originally posted by KabukiJoe View Post
                      ...how can you even compare Mayweather to SRL?...SRL fought the best that were available, the abolute best...every guy that Mayweather has ducked, SRL would fight...SRL would wipe the floor up with Mayweather...SRL took an ass beating in his win against Hearns, showing he was a true champion...when has Mayweather had to show any heart?...never...you guys have no clue as to what heart is...

Kabuki Joe
                      I am not comparing Maywweather to Sugar Ray Leonard simply made the statement that Ray moved up from a lower weight class as many of the WW today. I would not say Mayweather is on the same leve as Ray at least not at WW....Lefty

Comment

Working...
                      X