No announcement yet.

Prime Sonny Liston against George Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Sonny Liston against George Foreman

Liston was big, strong and intimidating just like George. How would such a fight go in your opinion?

To my eyes Sonny looks to have more technically sound combinations than Foreman, who liked to throw a lot of wide punches.

Sonny Liston the only fighter to ever back up George Foreman, according to Foreman himself.

Only sparring but something to consider.

I pick Liston by decision.

Comment

I don't know who would win but id give my left nut to see their sparring sessions! I think Liston would possibly have the edge...
      Of sparring a young raw Foreman Sonny said "This kid's got one punch power, im not talking one punch KO power, im talking one punch Killing Power"

Comment

Liston's jab would cause foreman some problems early but eventually big George would land big, and that would be all for Liston..

Hell, it might even look a lot like foreman-moorer, with Liston dominating behind the jab only to get caught by George..

I will take foreman's power over liston's chin any day of the week
        Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 10-17-2014, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Sonny Liston the only fighter to ever back up George Foreman, according to Foreman himself.

You think that one would go the distance?

Liston also remarked that Foreman had the best power of any man he faced "the kind that kills" or something like that. I'd probably pick Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Backed him up not too long after George turned pro, while he was green. I believe a prime Foreman would do a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Liston was big, strong and intimidating just like George. How would such a fight go in your opinion?

To my eyes Sonny looks to have more technically sound combinations than Foreman, who liked to throw a lot of wide punches.
              I think foreman would have stopped sonny late but youre right in the fact that sonny did throw his punches straighter. I just think foreman's size and power would have caught up to sonny in the end. great fight tho

Comment

Could be a high caliber version of foreman-lyles

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Could be a high caliber version of foreman-lyles
                  good point. foreman did seem rusty as hell tho in that fight. seemed like he came in with no respect for lyle's power. his defense was atrocious in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                    Backed him up not too long after George turned pro, while he was green. I believe a prime Foreman would do a lot better.
                    Foreman was green, but Sonny was an old man (for boxing) by that point too.

Comment

Working...
                    X