Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barry Hearn: I want to make Joshua vs Klitschko within 15 months

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Wlad be the same when he's 40 though?

The signs so far point to yes, but I'm not sure what more he has to achieve once he's won the WBC belt, which will happen at some point within the next 12 months.

Comment

Didn't Wlad say he'd be fighting for the next 10 years?
      IF so, what's the rush? Hayden may have split up with Wlad by then, leaving him devoid of money. I'd wait this out and catch him in 4 years or so

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... This Joshua also needs some solid legs underneath... (As Wilder...)
        Joshua is little more solid on the wheels then Wilder, in my estimation.

Wilder is built like LeBron up top, but has Manute Bols legs.

I like Joshua. Build him up right, let him get some experience.

The guy has obvious potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          He wont even face a live body in 15 months
          that's the more likely scenario.

Comment

Why the rush? I mean let the guy develop some more with some veterans. Throwing him at Klitschko would only shorten his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              He wont even face a live body in 15 months
              Stupid comment.

The guy is not even a year pro and has 7 fights. Who exactly would you have expected him to fight at this stage?

His last opponent would be in the top 5 opponents of Wilder already - he's being moved along just right and he's stepping up to challenge for the British title this year.

Comment

Good idea. It will be good practice for when he fights the unified and lineal champ, Kubrat Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Stupid comment.

The guy is not even a year pro and has 7 fights. Who exactly would you have expected him to fight at this stage?

His last opponent would be in the top 5 opponents of Wilder already - he's being moved along just right and he's stepping up to challenge for the British title this year.
                  He's being moved along like most, very carefully.

Skeleton would not be one of wilders top 5 wins, dont be ridiculous.... and this is wilder, who himself has yet to face a live body

Stop being so defensive, i didnt call him a bum or anything like that, just benig realistic. He name dropped vlad's name for promotional purposes

Comment

Unless he's got a catastrophic chin, i dont think AJ reaches his potential till hes late 20's early 30's. Maybe take an L or two on the way. He's trying to be a thinker in the ring, but he just doesnt know much yet. Takes time

Doesnt mean he wont be good/great though.

But yeah name dropping an tings

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Unless he's got a catastrophic chin, i dont think AJ reaches his potential till hes late 20's early 30's. Maybe take an L or two on the way. He's trying to be a thinker in the ring, but he just doesnt know much yet. Takes time

Doesnt mean he wont be good/great though.

But yeah name dropping an tings

It's like the teacher at school asking you what you will be doing in 15 months time.

Marbles....Candy...Football...Klitschko.

Let the young buck learn something.

Comment

Working...
                      X