No announcement yet.

Life for US soldier's Iraq crimes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
    lol ok how are you gonna play it cool while they're raping her? Not doing anything, which I'm sure a couple of them did is still probably considered rape in this circumstance.
    First off these guys did this together they stalked her for a week then got drunk raped and killed.

I don't know but if I do know 100% that they are going to kill this girl when they are done and they have a gun to my head telling me that I have to take part in it i'm going to have to keep myself alive long enough to either try to talk them out of it get her to safety or or disarm them.

I'm most likely going to die with her.
    Last edited by Stab Judah; 09-04-2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Maybe if you actually read what I posted you could respond intelligently. I didn't say they had Alzheimers.
      You suggested that their alleged memory loss could have been contributed to Alzheimer despite Alzheimer being more prevalent in much older people and despite there being absolutely no evidence for such a claim.

Once again I never said what they did was acceptable.
      You said that they did a despicable act but they were probably not despicable people. I don't know how any sane and normal person can come to such a conclusion of such a horrendous rape and murder case. They planned this event. They raped and killed a 14 year older, killed her 6 year old sister and her parents. How on earth can they not be portrayed as despicable people simply because they were involved in a war?

What I'm trying to argue is it's not just people in the military who are capable of doing despicable acts, it's war that is changing the way the act and causing them to be capable to do it.
      So in other words, war caused these men to plan to rape and kill Iraqi's, take off their uniforms, stalk a young girl, rape her in her home, kill her family, murder her and then burn her body to dispose of the evidence? Again, trying to defer responsibility by hinting that war caused these men to be stressful in action is ridiculous.

How then do you justify the alleged ringleader's bragging about the event that "it was awesome"? Not convinced? Here's a link. Read the article then come to a conclusion rather than having a preconceived opinion and being prejudice by finding excuses for these rapists.

http://www.vancouverite.com/2009/05/...ng-her-family/

Those 5 people were capable of raping someone under certain circumstances, but if they didn't enlist they still would have been capable of raping someone but probably never would have. Are they still despicable people.
      This is one of the most ridiculous excuses and scapegoat for a brutal crime I have come across. Not all people have the same moral judgment. However, it would be very difficult to look at this situation and not come to the conclusion that these brutal murderers were despicable people who made it a priority to find a young girl, rape and kill her and kill her entire family. I honestly don't care much if they were at war or not, that's no scapegoat for such a horrendous crime. War or not, there's no justification for such a brutal act onto such innocent people. The fact that evidence suggests the ringleader thought it was awesome further proves how despicable and cold-hearted he really was.

I know you can put yourself in their shoes but lets say you were in that group. Every single one of them is gonna contribute in raping this girl. What would you do? Think about the fact that they probably wouldn't let you say no... So the choice is help them rape her or die.
      Where on earth are you getting this information from? You're making up your own fantasy scenario's as you go along. You probably have never read the article concerning the event. These soldiers planned the rape and murder. The alleged ring leader bragged about how "awesome" the experience was. Why are you sympathizing with the rapists and murderers simply because they're soldiers? These weren't innocent soldiers who were "forced" to rape and murder her. This was premeditated murder of an entire family. Your claim that one of them didn't have a choice is absolutely false and misleading.

My type of thinking looks at what they did, see's why they did it and hopes to change it. You just look and say kill.
      Your type of thinking looks at what they did and tries to make excuses to deny their responsibility and portrays these soldiers as people who were "in a ****ty place at the wrong time" despite planning the rape and murder and the ringleader bragging that it was a awesome. Your way of thinking filters out any truth that doesn't coincide with your reasoning and makes preconceived opinions before actually understanding the situation.

And where on earth did I suggest the death penalty? Further proves that you'll lie to make a false point.
      Last edited by Don Corleone; 09-04-2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

He's just talking about post traumatic stress disorder which is very possible since many members of their unit were killed in the days leading to the crime.

Still inexcusable but if this is the case then the US army should also be accountable for not getting them the phycological help they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
          He's just talking about post traumatic stress disorder which is very possible since many members of their unit were killed in the days leading to the crime.

Still inexcusable but if this is the case then the US army should be accountable for not getting them the phycological help they needed.
          Yea but he has provided no evidence for such a big claim. How stressful can one be when bragging about a rape and murder to other people? Again, this wasn't something they did without consciously making a choice to do it. It was completely premeditated.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Corleone View Post
            Yea but he has provided no evidence for such a big claim. How stressful can one be when bragging about a rape and murder to other people? Again, this wasn't something they did without consciously making a choice to do it. It was completely premeditated.
            This stress disorder makes a person disregard life, so bragging about it is realistic.

They saw combat they seen their friends killed by Iraqis of course it is wrong but while mourning a violent death of a friend revenge is often the first thought.
            This is the same cause of many street murders, specifically street gangs who doctors have found evidence of the same stress disorders.

As I said earlier from the sounds of it this kid was already a nutcase so I am wondering about the others involved rather than the person in the story.

Comment

Dude it's not like it's a thing that "Just happened".

The dude was planning it for some time. Him and his ******ed "Comrades".

They were harrasing the family.

Stress or no stress, you dont go around shooting families, killing babies and gang-raping kids.

He should be thrown in Guantanamo, but of course that won't happen, since there may be atleast a slight form of Justice then.

Comment

You suggested that their alleged memory loss could have been contributed to Alzheimer despite Alzheimer being more prevalent in much older people and despite there being absolutely no evidence for such a claim.
                Who hasn't forgotten something they had to say when they were public speaking?

Why did they forget? is it cause they have short term memory problems, alzheimer’s or does stress cause people to act differently?
                ^ this is the quote. I'm talking about people in general.

So in other words, war caused these men to plan to rape and kill Iraqi's, take off their uniforms, stalk a young girl, rape her in her home, kill her family, murder her and then burn her body to dispose of the evidence? Again, trying to defer responsibility by hinting that war caused these men to be stressful in action is ridiculous.
                Where did this information that every single one of those soldiers was writing out plans come from? For all they know it was a couple people that planned it out. Where did the writers get their information? Are you regarding it as the gospel truth?

How then do you justify the alleged ringleader's bragging about the event that "it was awesome"? Not convinced? Here's a link. Read the article then come to a conclusion rather than having a preconceived opinion and being prejudice by finding excuses for these rapists.
                I didn't justify the leaders actions. He's a very sick person. But how do you know that every single person that was in that group planned it out? And how do you know the writer didn't sensationalize what happened to get more of a reaction.

The fact that evidence suggests the ringleader thought it was awesome further proves how despicable and cold-hearted he really was.
                Great how bout the other people?

Your claim that one of them didn't have a choice is absolutely false and misleading.
                Where's your evidence for this? Your taking the word of someone who is reporting from what, like 3rd hand knowledge?

See a pattern? The only person you can accuse directly is the ring leader.

Your way of thinking filters out any truth that doesn't coincide with your reasoning and makes preconceived opinions before actually understanding the situation.
                You're the one making up lies about my way of thinking. You obviously didn't think beyond someone said they did this, that means they did that and they are despicable. And I'm not making up evidence, I'm suggesting possible situations that could have occurred, only person saying that they know the facts is you.

And no **** you don't know how people can think like this. You've never had to kill anyone. You've probably never seen your friends die right in front of you. And if you have, it certainly wasn't in a battlefield. You've never had to deal with the same **** they have so think twice before passing judgment. That's all I'm saying. Don't blurt out the first thing that comes into your head when you read the news. This type of news is exactly like those entertainment headlines. How often do we hear about the heroes of Iraq? Not very often because it isn't as sensational as soldiers raping innocent civilians.

Comment

And no **** you don't know how people can think like this. You've never had to kill anyone. You've probably never seen your friends die right in front of you. And if you have, it certainly wasn't in a battlefield. You've never had to deal with the same **** they have so think twice before passing judgment. That's all I'm saying. Don't blurt out the first thing that comes into your head when you read the news. This type of news is exactly like those entertainment headlines. How often do we hear about the heroes of Iraq? Not very often because it isn't as sensational as soldiers raping innocent civilians.
                  There are people dying everyday there.

Family memebers massacred, tortured, and raped in front of their own eyes.

You're talking about a Soldier stressed out!?

Don't talk rubbish mate. There is no excuse, the guy needs to be thrown in Guantanamo

Comment

Working...
                  X