Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lara Vs. Canelo WHO WON?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Lara squeaked out the win. I was initially upset at the decision because it was a big fight, but I got over it quickly. Landy did it to himself. This was the biggest fight of his career to date, perhaps the biggest fight he'll ever have, and he fought it like it was some sort of game. I hate to say Lara didn't deserve to win -- the rules are the rules and I thought, objectively, he outpointed Canelo -- but Lara didn't deserve to win.

Comment

Draw, it was a ****ty fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I thought Lara squeaked out the win. I was initially upset at the decision because it was a big fight, but I got over it quickly. Landy did it to himself. This was the biggest fight of his career to date, perhaps the biggest fight he'll ever have, and he fought it like it was some sort of game. I hate to say Lara didn't deserve to win -- the rules are the rules and I thought, objectively, he outpointed Canelo -- but Lara didn't deserve to win.
        Pretty much, he did enough to get the win. But he could have done more to win by a wider margin. He probably thought he had it in the bag and chose to coast but judges screwed him over.

Comment

this poll has around 300 voters with a clear winner, why make another?...
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=646491

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
            Pretty much, he did enough to get the win. But he could have done more to win by a wider margin. He probably thought he had it in the bag and chose to coast but judges screwed him over.
            He didn't coast down the stretch ala Oscar against Tito after he ALREADY doubled Trinidad up through 8 rounds. Then Oscar ran the last 3 and half rounds to protect his lead and STILL finished the fight landing 263 and outlanding Tito by 100 punches AGAIN without throwing jack in the last 4 rounds. Meanwhile Lara landed 107 for the entire fight. Think about that Oscar got hell for running 3 and half rounds after landing over 250 punches while people trying to defend Lara for running all 12 rounds and landing just 100 punches total.

Lara has no one to blame but himself for this loss.

Comment

I had it a draw. Neither did enough to warrant a win in my opinion. The fans definitely lost in that fight

Comment

They landed about the same amount of punches but Canelo landed the harder better punches. Punches landed by Canelo were when he was driving forward so of course they were harder than Lara's punches which were usually landed while he was going backward. I had Canelo winning by two points. On a close round in which one fighter is hard on the attack and the other fighter is literally running away I am going to give that round to the attacker. Canelo came to fight. After all his big talk about the beating he was going to put on Canelo Lara came to hit and run and mostly run. It was a close enough fight that I won't argue with those who had Canelo losing although I think some of them are just Canelo haters who would never be fair to him in scoring his fights. I think Canelo clearly won a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  Looked that way. It was a stupid and naive decision. Then again, Lara may very well have felt something he didn't like and decided not to engage any more than he thought necessary. But in the end, it's a fight, and if you can't get down and dirty when the situation calls for it, you don't deserve to win. Lara and his team were dreaming if they thought he was so far ahead in the fight that he could play the points game. It didn't work for Oscar who really was way ahead on points versus Trinidad. Why should it work for Lara? This is the big time. You can't leave any doubts.

Comment

7-5 Canelo. Too many rounds Lara "gave away" by landing a nice 1-2, then not throwing a punch for the next 1-2 minutes while Canelo was stalking and landing body punches. Close but Lara let the fight go by not letting his hands go (although if he lets his hands go more, he opens himself up as well so it goes both ways...he didn't like feeling Canelo's power imo). If it matters, I had money on Lara to win.

Comment

Canelo............

Comment

Working...
                      X