Collapse
No announcement yet.

jmm training program for pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doing a lot of weight lifting i think...heredia said that at the peak of training marquez was squatting 300+ lbs...

most likely marquez was using steroids to help with recovery because doing that sort of intense weight-lifting at 39 is difficult on the body since you're producing less testosterone...and also it's just unusual for boxers to be squatting that heavy of weights in general...

Several boxing trainers and conditioning coaches have told Yahoo! Sports that it is highly unusual for boxers to squat such heavy weight.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...200532499.html

marquez sacrificed speed for power...a lot of power..
    Last edited by Bermuda; 04-09-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Drinking his own PED traced urine?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        There's absolutely no proof of that.

The only thing we know for a fact is that JMM offered to do random drug testing as long as Pacquiao did it too. But his offer was declined for some reason.
        What's the point of offering a test when the person giving u the stuff already invented shiiet that can go undetected

Comment

Originally posted by UrGonnaLooos
          I think he was still drinking his "PEE"
          Nah he was drinking Memo's which had some of that juice from the documentary he recorded and undetectable.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

At the very least it was a dramatic physical transformation that is highly unusual for a 39 year old athlete in any sport, never mind a boxer who was still a featherweight at the age of 34.

Comment

Squatting 300...

Damn I weigh more than JMM and I've been stuck at 225.

Does anyone have Memo's number? I need DA JUICE!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
                anybody know the routine n diet
                once a day visit to dr. heredia clinic for a daily dose of steroibuffin

Comment

No one knows and the ones who do know aren't going to tell you lol. Plyometrics is what most people use to build explosive power (such as for punching). Some of the stuff you see on HBO might be real, but that is a VERY small part of it. Obviously he was more muscular, so his macro's were going to be geared with more protein and less fat with carbs timed the proper way and likely only slow releasing carbs such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes, beans, etc. Excess carbs turn to fat. 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight has been the standard for years when it comes to muscle growth. This is of course assuming JMM's program was legit without any sort of chemical help.

You also have to keep in mind that Marquez had made the decision NOT to let the fight go to a decision which is why he worked on that KO shot during much of his training camp. He wasn't just boxing and moving this time, he was setting his feet and really going for broke.. that in itself is what helped him as much as his training did.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    doing a lot of weight lifting i think...heredia said that at the peak of training marquez was squatting 300+ lbs...

most likely marquez was using steroids to help with recovery because doing that sort of intense weight-lifting at 39 is difficult on the body since you're producing less testosterone...and also it's just unusual for boxers to be squatting that heavy of weights in general...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...200532499.html

marquez sacrificed speed for power...a lot of power..
                    Ricky Hatton would leg press 1000+ pounds. Of course squatting and leg pressing are 2 different things too, but he was very very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                      No one knows and the ones who do know aren't going to tell you lol. Plyometrics is what most people use to build explosive power (such as for punching).
                      Is plyometrics conducive to mass gain given the different ideal rep ranges for hypertrophy and explosiveness? Would be good if someone knowledgeable like New England could comment but it seems like it would be difficult to achieve both in such a short space of time.

I'm a big Marquez fan and I spent a long time trying to convince myself that it was all very possible that he underwent this change using clean methods. What's hard to get your head around is not that it may, theoretically, be possible that Heredia could have achieved these results without PEDs.

What's hard to comprehend is given how much of a beast Marquez turned into, how bad must every other S&C coach in the sport be?

Most guys get softer, some guys stay pretty lean, but hardly ever do guys transform their body shape to this extent, looking far more muscular and far more ripped than they've ever looked before.

You just never see guys in this kind of shape as they move up in weight, especially not if they're in the twilight of their careers.

Comment

Working...
                      X