Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeMarco: Edwin Valero Was a Bigger Fight Than Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two words....................War Broner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And we all know how that fight turned out

Comment

Sounds like someone is sleeping on him a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Mac Stud View Post
          Sorry but I have to disagree with you. Broner is far more talented and athletic than Valero and Linares combined. DeMarco isn't fooling anyone, he KNOW'S This IS the biggest fight of his career.

Borner's speed and angles is going to give DeMarco fits. Broner by late stoppage or UD.
          at broner being more talented or athletic then both combined.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            I don't know. Everyone always talks about how great Valero was, and he had potential to be a great fighter. But before he went completely bat s**t crazy and did all that s**t, who did he ever really beat prior to the DeMarco fight???

He beat Mosquera, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time. Pitalua was a Top 10 LW at the time. So going into the DeMarco fight, he had two wins over Top 10 fighters.

Broner's beat Ponce De Leon, who wasn't a Top 10 fighter at 130, but still was a huge step up in class at 21 years old, against a very good proven fighter. The fight was close, but it could have gone either way. Broner beat Litzau, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time. Broner beat Perez, who was a Top 10 SFW at the time.

So neither Valero or Broner were really THAT proven going into fights with DeMarco. Both had some decent wins, but nothing really spectacular at all. But I'd say Broner-DeMarco is bigger because DeMarco is more highly regarded right now than he was over 2 years ago and is coming off good wins.
            But many observers think(including myself) the Broner lost to the one you said was his best opponent thus far...

Comment

In 10 hours Demarco gets beatup and gets his title taken away.

Comment

Well Demarco is an idiot if he feels that way. He's going to lose anyways but this fight is on HBO WCB. His fight against Valero was on SHO and Valero was obviously not as big as Broner. Add in the fact that Broner is a young American fighter that most casual fans view as can't miss(big fans obviously know better), a win against Broner would sky rocket his career. Demarco is plain wrong if he feels Valero was a bigger fight. It won't matter because he will suffer the same feat as he did at the hands of Valero. Demarco is plain average in just about every facet of boxing.

Comment

yes he was, and Demarco got KO'd by a limited puncher
                  Broner is a skilled technician
                  he won't stop Demarco but he'll pick him apart
                  want Demarco to get the win but just don't see it

Comment

SMH at the people saying Broner is better than valero. I hope you guys watch the fight tonight and realize that demarco will make broner look average and then you will say "oh i guess he aint as good as i thought" .....

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Mac Stud View Post
                      Sorry but I have to disagree with you. Broner is far more talented and athletic than Valero and Linares combined. DeMarco isn't fooling anyone, he KNOW'S This IS the biggest fight of his career.

Borner's speed and angles is going to give DeMarco fits. Broner by late stoppage or UD.
                      Valero and Linares combined??? lol linares has great skills overall too sad he has a weak chin and can't take pressure well. Valero had way more pop than what broner has better work rate and better footwork. He used to get in and out like crazy similar to what pac does. Broner doesn't have a fast pace he doesn't throw alot so we will see how he reacts to constant pressure.

Demarco has a better chin than ponce and broner couldn't knock him out. Its safe to say broner wins on points or gets the American gift agains like he did against ponce but him stopping demarco or ko him I highly doubt it. Previous 2 fights broner has had have been a joke escobedo and that perez guy are you ****ing serious? or course anyone is gonna look like the next mayweather.

Now don't get me wrong broner has good skills too but I like this fight this will show what he has to offer and from here on he should face top competition not unknown or little guys moving up in weight then outweighing them.

Comment

Working...
                      X