Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(VIDEO) ESPN analysts comparing Lebron to Jordan??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
    dan marino has no rings yet is looked at by many as one of the best qb ever
    Good point. And Peyton Manning only has one. It shouldn't only be about the ring. You have to look at the entire team. Cleveland overachieved with James because they sure as hell didn't have a great team. He carried them.

Comment

Football and basketball are way too different to compare them like that. One great player can make a mediocre NBA team very good, 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers for example. In football one player doesn't automatically mean you're going to win, i.e. 2011 Philadelphia Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Good point. And Peyton Manning only has one. It shouldn't only be about the ring. You have to look at the entire team. Cleveland overachieved with James because they sure as hell didn't have a great team. He carried them.
        yes good points BUT! the whole reason these sports are played is for the accomplishment of getting that ring that symbolizes the best of the best!

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          Football and basketball are way too different to compare them like that. One great player can make a mediocre NBA team very good, 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers for example. In football one player doesn't automatically mean you're going to win, i.e. 2011 Philadelphia Eagles.
          they are different sports but it doesn't change the fact that rings are not the end all be all because if it was bill russell would be the best ever.the eagles had 1 player?1 player doesn't automatically mean you are going to win in the nba either

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            yes good points BUT! the whole reason these sports are played is for the accomplishment of getting that ring that symbolizes the best of the best!
            not saying jordan is not the best but why is it that kobe and lebron can't be mentioned with jordan?kobe and lebron are the only 2 players who can be mentioned in the same breath as mike

Comment

not saying jordan is not the best but why is it that kobe and lebron can't be mentioned with jordan?kobe and lebron are the only 2 players who can be mentioned in the same breath as mike
              Neither of them can be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan, not even close. It's not just the rings, it's Jordan's unbelievable performance on the court as well, especially when he was needed most. Kobe and Lebron simply haven't earned that, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Neither of them can be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan, not even close. It's not just the rings, it's Jordan's unbelievable performance on the court as well, especially when he was needed most. Kobe and Lebron simply haven't earned that, at all.
                why have they not earned it?especially kobe.
                if jordan didn't have a ring 9 years into his career would he be considered as great as lebron is without rings?like i said i'm not saying that they are as great as jordan but i don't feel like mike is in a whole other league either

Comment

why have they not earned it?especially kobe.
                  if jordan didn't have a ring 9 years into his career would he be considered as great as lebron is without rings?like i said i'm not saying that they are as great as jordan but i don't feel like mike is in a whole other league either
                  Jordan did things that neither has come close to doing. It really is that simple. Has little to do with just looking at rings, Jordan has the best mix of numbers and accomplishments the sport has ever seen. His greatness is in an entirely different level that maybe 3 other players in the history of the sport belong in. Kobe and Lebron sure as hell don't belong there.

Comment

Jordan is at the top of the food chain!
                    Kobe is under him...
                    Lebron is far away from Kobe so no where near Jordan and yes the rings do matter!

Comment

Because statistically he was but the keyword is "one" of the best ever. When lebron's career is over he'll be like marino, but not like jordan.

Comment

Working...
                      X