Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's better prime for prime Gary Payton or Chris Paul?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's better prime for prime Gary Payton or Chris Paul?

In your opinion who is better prime for prime Gary Payon or Chris Paul?
    Gary Payton
    43.75%
    Chris Paul
    56.25%

everyone is gonna say prime gary payton just cuz he played in the 90's.

players who played in the past get more and more overrated as the years go on.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      everyone is gonna say prime gary payton just cuz he played in the 90's.

players who played in the past get more and more overrated as the years go on.
      Nope Payton was just the better player, Payton was the better defender, scorer, and rebounder. The only thing that CP3 might do better than GP is pass the ball. Gary was just flat out the better player imo. That's no diss to CP3 but GP was simply a beast in his prime.

Comment

The Glove was the last true lockdown 1 that the league had...he was so good defensively, they even put him on 2s at times

he had great offense and vision...

perhaps the only thing CP3 does better is being more clutch ie. taking over games and creating for teammates

Comment

As much as I like me sum glove , I got to roll with Chris Paul.

Comment

CP3 for me

Comment

The Glove was amazing defensively, but CP3 is better offensively and is more clutch.

I went with Paul but it's close.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                The Glove was the last true lockdown 1 that the league had...he was so good defensively, they even put him on 2s at times

he had great offense and vision...

perhaps the only thing CP3 does better is being more clutch ie. taking over games and creating for teammates
                People forget how good Payton was. He even gave Michael Jordan problems. The Glove was a great scorer and a lock down defender. He is easily one of the best combninations of offense and defense that the league has ever seen. That's what puts him over the top for me. He is probably the greatest defensive PG to ever play the game.

Comment

I had a pair of GP's back in the day and I used to sprain my ankle all the time in them, so I'm tempted to say CP3. Gotta roll with the Glove regardless, with defense being the tiebreaker.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    The Glove was amazing defensively, but CP3 is better offensively and is more clutch.

I went with Paul but it's close.
                    CP3 is not better than a prime Gary Payton offensively. CP3 is not a great scorer. He is a great passer, but Payton in his prime was the superior offensive player. As much as I love CP3, I think he gets over rated. Payton was a great scorer and a superior defender in his prime. Payton was also much bigger and more athletic. Payton was more versytle as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X