Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Confirms "A Better Fight" Than Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir will fight Lamont Peterson next and here's why I think...

1. Avenge his loss
    2. Has a belt
    3. Soft touch after Matthysse
    4. Fans already know of him because they fought before
    5. Free of any other obligations
    6. Drama because several things...
    *People think he got a gift decision against Khan
    *Has been caught with banned substances
    7. Peterson is signed with GBP

Anyone has anything else to add to the list?

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      Amir will fight Lamont Peterson next and here's why I think...

1. Avenge his loss
      2. Has a belt
      3. Soft touch after Matthysse
      4. Fans already know of him because they fought before
      5. Free of any other obligations
      6. Drama because several things...
      *People think he got a gift decision against Khan
      *Has been caught with banned substances
      7. Peterson is signed with GBP

Anyone has anything else to add to the list?
      That Khan plans to fight at 147, which eliminates the importance of Peterson's belt?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        That Khan plans to fight at 147, which eliminates the importance of Peterson's belt?
        This is true. Not too many options out there for Khan @ 147. I'm dying to know who it is!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          This is true. Not too many options out there for Khan @ 147. I'm dying to know who it is!!!
          Me too.

It's hard to see who is more credible at 147 than Alexander.

Hopefully he'll announce soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I pray it won't happen. It would be an absolute stinker.

On the flipside though, who's been unified champion in two weightclasses at the same time?
            most of mayweathers recent fights are stinkers because they are not fights, they are sparring sessions. its not mayweathers fault but the guys out there cant give him a competitive fight so it becomes the same old glorified sparring sessions on PPV!

the only way you are going to get a competitive mayweather fight is if either pacquiao gets back to his old self, or mayweather looks for bigger trees to chop. maybe if he fights the middleweights the extra weight he is up against might even it out a bit if you know what i mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              most of mayweathers recent fights are stinkers because they are not fights, they are sparring sessions. its not mayweathers fault but the guys out there cant give him a competitive fight so it becomes the same old glorified sparring sessions on PPV!

the only way you are going to get a competitive mayweather fight is if either pacquiao gets back to his old self, or mayweather looks for bigger trees to chop. maybe if he fights the middleweights the extra weight he is up against might even it out a bit if you know what i mean.
              you could also ask Mayweathers opponents to keep throwing punches regardless if they are continually getting countered and beaten to the punch. you could also ask them to train more so they don't run out of gas when they keep throwing and missing.

I don't know if just getting a larger opponent fixes these problems.

Comment

• As much as I'm going to hate seeing Khan fight Mayweather, I pretty much know it's going to happen. At the very least, Khan needs a fight at 147 before fighting Mayweather. That will make things a bit better

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  you could also ask Mayweathers opponents to keep throwing punches regardless if they are continually getting countered and beaten to the punch. you could also ask them to train more so they don't run out of gas when they keep throwing and missing.

having a larger opponent might not, but the current crop of junior welterweights through to super welterweights isnt exactly packed with talent at the moment. but the plus side for floyd is he could add something to his legacy by winning a middleweight title. sergio martinez is there for the taking if you ask me. id expect floyd to beat martinez at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                    having a larger opponent might not, but the current crop of junior welterweights through to super welterweights isnt exactly packed with talent at the moment. but the plus side for floyd is he could add something to his legacy by winning a middleweight title. sergio martinez is there for the taking if you ask me. id expect floyd to beat martinez at this point.
                    Actually 140-154 is where the bulk of the best fighters are. Floyd is the best in the world. Tim, JMM, Manny, Danny Garcia are all on most p4p lists. Broner and Canelo are the future of the sport. Then there are the other quality fighters like lara, matts, alvarado, and other up and coming fighters like Thurman.

Its just that floyd is, IMO, far superior than all of these fighters. Maybe the key is to put him in against the guys on the list who are the most talented and not the biggest or who punch the hardest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

The "boring technical" fighters that the fans criticize all of the time fixes these problems. Instead of looking for one fighter with one advantage over Floyd (usually power, speed, or size), how about a well rounded, fundamentally sound fighter that has proved himself at the world class level?

Comment

Working...
                      X